Road bike

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Sean, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

Cannondale R2000, circa2000. Aftermarket fork due to crash, and rear wheel, because the original was recalled.

Attached Files:

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

What happened to you in that crash?

3. Sean

Sean New Member

I was in downtown Sarasota Fl. taking most of the lane because there was a good bit of car and ped. traffic. I was going about 20 and a beautiful new shiny black Mercedes tried to do a three point turn in front of me. I hit the front fender and went over the hood, the bike stayed on the oncoming side. I was not injured at all, a little rash on my knee, but nothing else. Her car was a bit scuffed, and my bike did not steer too good. I was only about 5 mi. from home, so I rode home.

It bent the steer tube on my fork. She gave me her info, and I got the fork replaced. It cost about $300. She paid with a check rather than insurance. She was a really good sport.... And so was I, no need for lawyers in a simple incident.

4. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Nice. Good to hear that there are still people willing to admit that they made a mistake. Especially when it would have been easy for her to drive off. Not like you could have chased her down. Glad to hear you weren't seriously injured, either.