Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all the hassles of age, I had a doctor suggest a medical alert. In fact its something I had considered for a while, not because of the asthma which had him a bit bothered, but all the eye surgeries. Instead of the medical alert, I bought the interactive Road ID, and just plan on wearing it like a watch on the other wrist all the time. I spent a grand total of about $25 which included shipping, two wrist bands and the info on the database for a year.

At $10 a year for the data in the database, its a bargain. You can not even buy a domain name for that price, much less have it as secure as theirs seems to be. I'm happy and very nice people on the phone to deal with.

Its one of those things you hope you never use, but if it is needed at least the wife will know she can spend the insurance money.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I didn't go with the interactive, but it does make me feel better knowing that information is on my wrist. Like you said, I sure hope it's never needed, though.

A good idea, which the site suggested as I was making my ID, is including allergy information on the ID. I was just getting it so people would know who to contact, but it's a wonderful idea to have any allergy information available there to first responders.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the interactive because if I get a lick to the head, I want them to know how to find my retinal surgeon and find him fast. I certainly see why people don't though.

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
I bought my wife one for Christmas for her ankle. Nice thing about the ankle one's is that you can use them for your timing chip in triathlons. I plan on getting one this year.

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
I went with the interactive too. I like the fact that you can change or add information as it becomes necessary. Plus, I have several different colored bands so I can fashion coordinate! :D:eek:

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
I have the non interactive as well. Some people save some bucks and go to SuperPets and make a dog tag with their info on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts