rocket powered bike

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by bikerjoe, Aug 17, 2009.

1. bikerjoe

bikerjoe Guest

Has anyone ever seen a rocket powered bike? There is this guy who brings his to the coffee place, I think it has a propane tank and a large output nozzle on the back

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Rocket, or jet power? Check youtube for some guy in New York that has a jet engine on his bike.

3. BasketCase

BasketCase Guest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcVOE9XXnRg]YouTube - Jet Bike[/ame]

how.... did they....

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

He needs an afterburner.

5. Magomra

Magomra Guest

Apparently there are several people with them...

Does anyone know what type of propellant they use?

6. LittleDonny

LittleDonny Guest

How was this guy going so fast?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCvjihO3Dv0]YouTube - High Speed Bicycle Police Getaway![/ame]

7. Industry_Hack

Looks like a very large RC plane engine. Couldn't tell you about the propellant, but count on a pommy to bolt it up to an R20. Bad choice of platform.

8. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

9. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

Top Speed?? i would love to kno

10. vovin

vovin Guest

At what point is too fast on a bike, you start wobbling eventually?

11. Industry_Hack

From personal experience, 52MPH on a road bike was too fast, and 60MPH on a tandem MTB was pretty sketchy.

You realize your brakes work, but they're going to take their time.

12. BikingViking

BikingViking Guest

What if your brakes caught on fire?

13. Industry_Hack

Crash.

14. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

lol yeah your dead :p

15. Grape Ape

Hold on and pray, heck if you live through it you will have stories to tell your grandkids.

"Back in my day we didn't have these newfangled hover bikes. Our bikes had real wheels. We also had these little things that would clamp down on the metal rim of the wheel to stop us. They were called brakes. Well once in a drunken stupor I attached a rocket to my bicycle. No not a warp drive engine an old style liquid fuels rocket engine. Well I am riding along on a big straight road. I hit the switch to light that rocket engine and boom it shoots me forward I am going 90 miles per hour. The rocket is still pushing wanting to go faster. I am scared that thing is vibrating and shaking I know I am going to crash. I pull on the brake lever. It is barely keeping the bike from accelerating let alone slowing it down. Well about the time the rocket engine runs out of fuel I am going over 95 MPH with the brakes on as hard as I can pull the lever and the brakes catch on fire. Heck the front brake cable melts and breaks. I am going 90+ mph and headed for some side streets and a down hill section. Well let me tell you it was the wildest ride of my life. I narrowly missed getting hit by cars and used every bit of the road to take the corner at the bottom of the hill. Finally on the uphill part of the hill I lost enough speed I could drag my feet and come to a stop. Yep best ride of my life."

Grand kids as they walk away
    1. Grandpa is losing it he tells that story every thanksgiving. But last year he only went 75 mph. He is losing his mind, what are miles?
    2. Yeah, He is crazy! Bikes with wheels! On roads! What are roads? He is imagining stuff again. Mom is gonna put him in a home soon for being crazy and telling stories.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  16. dontcrash

dontcrash Guest

wow that would be an awesome story how could anyone corner going 90mph on a downhill turn? lol

17. Grape Ape

You callin me a liar sonny? Why back in my day we could go around downhill corners covered with sand at over 140 mph. Inside pedal up and dragging hard on the pavement. You slowly slide across the road until your tires are riding in the bottom of the curb. The suspension on you FS bike is smashed down completely by the 18 g's of force being applied by the bike. We biked back when men were men and bikes were steel and actually touched the road. Those hover lawn chairs you kids call bikes these days are not real bikes.

18. Biker

Biker New Member

I can't wait to get old. I'm gonna ***** so much.

19. Biker

Biker New Member

Complain that's what the ***** is about.

20. darkangel

darkangel Guest

I used to ride my bike into tornadoes and let em spit me into the spaghetti bowl while cars were going 60 on it