Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 50 mile ride I had last weekend was so much fun I decided to kick it up a notch and go for my first metric century. 32 miles from my local trail head on the Silver Comet Trail to a place called 'Surprise Hill'. The Comet Trail get more remote as it heads to the Ga/Al border and I really enjoy riding that section.

Below is a picture from the top looking back in the direction I had come from. For me the surprise in the hill is that I was actually able to climb it after pedaling 30 miles to get there. I'll be honest, there was a point where I almost unclipped and walk the bike to the top, but I didn't come all that way to let that happen. At least I got to coast back down :) It's not obvious from the picture, but the climb was about a 1/2 mile.

The GPS read 62.5 miles when I got back to the truck. Time was not so great. Took 4 hours and I really though it should only take 3.5, but it was what it was. I'm going to have to do this ride several more times before I'll be ready to tackle 75 miles and ultimately 100 miles.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Awesome! That hill looks challenging as well. Tougher than you imagined? I'm looking forward to when I can embark on my 1st century.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts