Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to roll over 2000 miles and I got to wondering about tire life on a bicycle.

As a rookie I dont have any experience with how long tire life is on avg. If you need more info to give me a better answer just let me know what info you need to give an answer.

Thanx as always

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than rider weight, road surface, tire compound, and inflation, there's not much to figuring out expected tire life...
;)
I knew it would be easy for you if you had the right information.:D

My weight 180 +- 1-3 lbs.

road surface is pavement ( country roads with some potholes and feeble attempts at patching )

Inflation I try to keep it at around 120 psi

Tire compound Ok well you may have me there so I looked on the tire it is the stock tire on the bike Felt Speed aw ( all weather ) it does have nylon printed on the sidewall if that helps.

Thanks, :cool:

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
So I'm about to roll over 2000 miles and I got to wondering about tire life on a bicycle.

As a rookie I dont have any experience with how long tire life is on avg. If you need more info to give me a better answer just let me know what info you need to give an answer.

Thanx as always
When you see wear, damage, or start getting lots of flats, it's time to change.

My bike has 5,300 mi on a set of Conti Travel Contacts. A lot of those were on gravel, and about 1,000 were carrying an extra 40 lbs (over my 155 lbs). They're starting to show signs wear, but will probably last another 3,000 or 4,000 mi.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listen to Larry. My comment was a bit sarcastic. Two riders could set out on a tour with identical tires, and get different results.
Sarcastic? Really ? :D I realized that Hack, I was just really looking for a generalization anyway.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Sarcastic? Really ? :D I realized that Hack, I was just really looking for a generalization anyway.

lol, Hack doesn't answer without sarcasm :D

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am rideing on a set of Vittoria Randonneur pros, size 700-32, inflated to 95#, 20# over recomended max presure. I am 232# and I ride on asphalt roads I have 2,889 miles on these tires and I am trying to get 3,000 3,500 miles on them befor I replace the rear tire.
¢¢
Hope that helps.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts