Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I rode some last year, I still consider myself new to the sport. I am looking for someone to ride with. I am 62 and in excellent health ( I think ), and just lack endurance. Roswell has a big cycling community, but most are much to good (and younger) for me. Most of my riding is done near the river, but will travel if you have a peferred route. I did ride a 19 mile time trial last year at Adairsville, and really enjoyed it. Thanks - Steve

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
I'm in Alpharetta and I do riding at the river and the comet. Do you ride the greenway often?

We are younger though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm close to the Greenway near Northpoint Parkway, and ride there some, when it's not too crowded (weekends). Have ridden the comet a few times, but not all the way to Alabama. Do you ride at the River in Roswell, near Azalea Drive?

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
Not sure where Azalea Drive is but does that connect to the Roswell Greenway?

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Thank you funetical (fanatical, yes?).
The name has been with me longer than cycling has, but yes.

Guess it's flat in central TX, and hot!
I wish. I like flat and fast, or at least I did before the road bike got stolen. Now I stick to trails and fairly steep grades. It's not as flat as everyone thinks, but it's still pretty flat in some places. West is hills, we call them mountains, you call them hill, and then of course their is the hill country, which is hillier than most mountainous regions I have visited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts