Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A79828D3-C556-402A-8305-8B4F775AD145.jpeg

I started buying this magazine years ago and did so for a number of years. I started with issue two and stopped about 30 issues in. I regret missing the first edition, because on eBay for a number of years after its publication it was selling for anywhere from $300-$400. Some of my editions at that time would’ve gone for $60-$80. I got away from the magazine for a bit but just this past year, because of the pandemic with nothing to do, I bit the bullet and subscribed. The content is quite good, as is the photography. It’s not your typical bike magazine. With so much digital content out there, it’s nice once in a while to have something in your hands to physically turn pages.
A79828D3-C556-402A-8305-8B4F775AD145.jpeg

Attachments

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
I have seen this advertised .... not in a while but I used to buy a lot more bike stuff. (At some point I realized the equation was the more bikes I bought, the longer I had to work and the less time to ride.) It seemed to take itself very seriously---which would be a welcome break from all the "Every product we review is Absolutely Fantabulous---(because we get them for free)" garbage in most bike publications.

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
By the way .... "I read Roleur magazine" is one of the finishing phrases to that joke, "You might be old if .... " :D

(Pretty sure if you even know what a magazine is, you are over the hill.)

(Thinking about my tire adventures .... "Do I know where the tire jack is on this car?" .... "Why would I want to jack my tires? Lug wrench? Why would I want to lug a wrench?" .... I am not old; I just remember things that happened a long time ago .... )

Oh, by the way .... thread hijack warning.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,289 Posts
What is the magazine's focus? Obviously cycling, but general, racing, history, or?

·
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the magazine's focus? Obviously cycling, but general, racing, history, or?
It presents a big picture view of the sport with a focus on all the players and their passions. There is a fair amount of history. The photography is superb. The design and layout are aesthetically pleasing. It kinda sucks you in.

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
I may still pull the trigger on this but...shipping at 2Xs the cost of product is a bitter pill to swallow.

That's almost 45 US dollars right now... That's hard cover pricing which I realize is beyond their control and that part does suck.

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
Well...I guess you wait even a few minuets some times

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
So awesome, I’m calling this the sunroom edition. Someone was kind and awesome enough to send me a copy.

The irony receiving this particular edition is in the fact my Aunt was at the 72 Olympics. Kinda stocked to show her.

I’ll never forget the blue Munich flag she brought back for me.

Note the spelling of Canada :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,436 Posts
Reactions: maelochs
1 - 10 of 10 Posts