Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new here.

Thought I'd pop in and check this site out.

I have an old Volkscycle Apex, but might sell it to get a cheap cruiser type bike. Tired of leaning over all the time.

Ash

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Welcome, at your advanced age and as wore out and as beat up as you are you may want to find a nice adult tricycle to follow your kids around on. Then put a motor on it to help you get over the curb in front of your house. Make sure you get one with the big basket on it so you can take your walker along with you in case you decide to get off of the trike and walk to a park bench to play checkers with your friends.

Seriously though if you are wanting a beach cruiser check out e l e c t r a Look in the cruiser section they have some very cool cruiser bikes. They are an upright bike with a foot forward flat foot design that would be right up your alley for cruising with the kids. You can get them in everything from a single speed with a coaster brake up to a nice 21 speed bike for the wild cruise nights on the pier avoiding tarballs.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome! How's the weather down there? I did some outside work in Beaumont last week. The humidity was absolutely horrible! I thought we had high humidity up here, but now I know it can be worse. Biking in that crap would be miserable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is pretty much going to suck weather wise till around the end of September. I still haven't decided if I'm fixing up the old bike or getting a new one

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from the Swamps of South Jersey.
You mean there is some place with more humidty than the Swamps of South Jersey :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts