Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
One tire lever? He and I do not live in the same world.

I always carry a few quick links …. If a chain beaks often both ends are damaged, in my experience.

He has honed his multi-tool to his necessities, which I admire---but I like have two screwdrivers as well. Otherwise, great set-up.

He uses a patch kit instead of a tire boot. A tire boot saved me a three-hour walk last night. Not sure a patch would have worked.

I love the aesthetics of the front bag. That’s the product that really intrigues me.

The other revelation is the Tubolito tubes. I am afraid to ask what they cost.

Because I also don’t have the bail-out call-of-shame option, I tend to completeness. I hate the bulk of big bags, but unless I am doing a focused, controlled, limited, exercise/speed-only ride, I want a do-everything pack on my bike. As the guy says, he doesn’t want to forget anything.

I never leave home without Some food—two gels and a Powerbar as a rule. We all know that “Just ten miles more” where you bonk and the speed halves as the distance halves, so the last two miles seems to take two hours. Not I, not any more.

Without that front bag, he’d be loading his jersey pockets, which is fine with a lot of people. I am adapting to carrying my phone, and it seems to weigh three tons …. But others have different capacities.

We probably also have been in that “I thought I brought that” situation---“I didn’t replace the spare tube? What????” I see he carries two tubes—even though he rides tubeless. His credibility soared as soon as he said that. And a mini-pump—another jump in the ratings.

All in all, I don’t count grams unless I am buying powdered substances (J/K, Homeland Security folks.) But I admire the efficiency of the package and the thought that went into it. I rate this video Two Tubolitos (why do I think those things are like $11 each—or more?_

·
Old, fat, and slow
851 Posts
Rather humorously, right after watching this video I had to dismount two tires and patch several tubes. I managed to dismount both and remount one using only one lever.

Not saying this guy is right or knows his stuff but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I have recalled the ninja assassin team (since he is already in Japan .... hope the message gets there in time) and will continue to experiment with single-lever dismounts in his honor if communications don't work out.

·
Two skinny J's
21,428 Posts
Pretty slick for sure. I do like the design and fit under the saddle. I bought a semi expensive one for mtb of a similar design and it rattled so much I tried to give it away but no-one would even take it. I'd use on it a mountain bike without question.

I quit even carrying a saddle bag on a road bike and I do suffer from that "damn saggy jersey syndrome" but... that's what those wonderful pockets on your jersey are for :D

I guess in my years of riding I've been lucky in regards to mechanical failures ( now me on the other hand is another story altogether :)), I've never broken a chain so until that happens I can see no need, I've sliced one mtb tire on rocks and there was no putting a tube in that, honestly I've tried those micro pumps and I don't have 6 hours and 32 minutes to pump a tire back up :D

So yea, pretty minimalist for me 1 tube, 1 Co2 and 2 tire levers in my jersey pockets and of course a phone for the Hail Marry should the need every arise :D

Not gonna happen with this either :D

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Two skinny J's
21,428 Posts
As a side note, I did subscribe to his Youtube channel. For some odd reason I like listening to him talk.

·
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those Tubolitos are $39 each. Ouch. I also subscribe to his channel. He’s a Swede who I think does IT work in Japan. He has great content and production quality. His drone stuff is pretty cool.

·
Two skinny J's
21,428 Posts
I just got done watching his last bike build, makes it look so easy. I think you may have posted something of his n the past but I can't recall what it exactly it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts