Saddle?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by PowerWhl, Jun 14, 2009.

1. PowerWhl

PowerWhl Guest

Wow so my cannondale f4 has a horibble saddle that it came with, what would be a good comfortable replacement?

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I think saddles are very much a "personal preference." What we love or hate is most likely different than what you would feel the same about. I do like my Specialized Toupe. Not much padding, but I make up for that with the shorts and the saddle has a good amount of flex. Plus my carbon frame and seatpost really soak up a lot of the bumps before they make it to my posterior.

That being said, especially if you are thinking about buying a high-end saddle, Competitive Cyclist has a saddle demo program where they ship you 11 saddles you can ride for 7 days. The cost, including shipping both ways, is $75 and if you decide to buy one of the models you demo, they will credit you $35. $75 to me sounds like a lot, but remember shipping 11 saddles isn't cheap, plus if it saves you from buying a $300 saddle that you hate, it's well worth it. There is more information here:

Competitive Cyclist Road Saddle Demo Kit - Competitive Cyclist

3. livendadream

livendadream Guest

Sella Italia, flite titanium. I have used plenty of seats and this blows them all away. 300 miles of ars sweat(break in period) and you are good to go! Just my personal opinion, in no way am I being sponsored or paid by Sella Italia , or any companies affiliated with Sella Italia. J.

4. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

you should post this in the general bike talk forum, not frame building, you'll get a better response

5. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Good call, vassago! As you can now see, I moved this thread to General Bike Discussion.

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I swapped the saddle on my F4 out for a Serfas dual density gel seat. You need to make sure it fits your butt. The Serfas has made a world of difference for me. I now can feel my lungs and legs burning and not my butt hurting. I thinkk they found the hardest material known to man put a layer of fabric over it and stuck it on the F4 just to get it out the door. The rest of the bike is excellent but the saddle yeah not so good.

7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

One wonderful old Brooks with springs, two Specialized Prostate Saddles. I offset the nose just a 1/4 inch