Safety First

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Biker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Biker

Biker New Member

I ride at night and have reflectors on my pedals. The wife wants me to get a reflective jacket but I say no. What do you guys use?

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I've worn a green safety vest when commuting during the day. It's way better than being dead.

3. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Do you have a light on the front and the back?

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

You nead all the help you can get out there. Thay real don't see you evean if thay are looking right at you. I had the same person back out in front of me two mornings in a row. And thay looked at me like I should not be in there way. But I have had some people go out of there way to make it safe for me allso.

5. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I agree with Industry, all the help you can get when night riding is best. I know people who won't wear helmets because it's "lame looking". People amaze me too much.

6. vitapimp

vitapimp New Member

helmets and lights are cool. my bike looks like a ufo with all the lights i have.

well, only two lights but when they are blinking at night they are very bright.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I used to laugh at the thought. I've always worn a helmet, but considering I'm only two weeks out of a horrible accident I'm looking at my options.