Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
Saw they were about $5k and the shizznit of adventure cycles. Not any good pics though so hook us up with some pics. This is only one I found and can't really see the bike for the bags...

Also saw they were from late 90s to early 2000s. Saw someone trying to sell theirs for 3k on some forum searching for pics. Interested in seeing it but not to buy. Sounds like too large of frame based on uncle's size......and I has a bike for this. Let's see it though and GLWS.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,175 Posts
Too big a frame for me, but I'd love to see pics! Best of luck in finding a new home for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I inherited one. My uncle was 6’5” 245. What’s it worth? Any takers?
This is the bike the lady above was referring to (family member). I personally don't really know much about bikes beyond basic maintenance but I've read these are the best for touring/adventuring. Each one is handmade by Robert Beckman and just from a mechanical standpoint, this thing is a piece of artwork. The hardware is all very solid and unrustable, all stainless or galvanized apparently (maybe some nickel?) but just look at the quality of the welds. Wow.

Click on the thumbnails for larger.

20210302_220645.jpg 20210302_220727.jpg 20210302_220832.jpg 20210302_220911.jpg 20210302_220929.jpg 20210302_221009.jpg 20210302_221101.jpg 20210302_221147.jpg 20210302_221228.jpg IMG-0498.jpg

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
???......echo or quote, hard to tell. Really similar to first part of post 2 above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The lady who started the thread is in my immediate family. She asked me to post some pics of the bike she was talking about. The pictures I posted (still says "awaiting moderator approval") are of her bike she inherited

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
send a pm to rola643. he is one of the staff members. let him know about that. he had to fix some setting that was doing that to some of my posts too. new forum software issues being ironed out i guess.....

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,175 Posts
That is a beautiful piece of touring goodness! Would that I was tall enough to be able to realistically ride it. Thank you for the pics. I hope you're able to find a good home for it. That baby belongs out on tour for sure!

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
when i first saw thumbnails, thought it was a folding bike because of how big frame is. Makes wheels seem smaller than they are. Always nice to see some cool machinery. GLWS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a beautiful piece of touring goodness! Would that I was tall enough to be able to realistically ride it. Thank you for the pics. I hope you're able to find a good home for it. That baby belongs out on tour for sure!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone interested for $1,000? You could turn around and resell it for double or maybe triple based on the research I've done, or make someone's day with a great gift. We don't know anything about the bike community and need to offload it, it needs to be on the road with someone who really appreciates it.

I feel like I'm sitting with a 66 Corvette in my garage that would really make someone happy if we could connect.

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Anyone interested for $1,000? You could turn around and resell it for double or maybe triple based on the research I've done, or make someone's day with a great gift. We don't know anything about the bike community and need to offload it, it needs to be on the road with someone who really appreciates it.

I feel like I'm sitting with a 66 Corvette in my garage that would really make someone happy if we could connect.
You’re making a pretty good sales pitch to a VERY limited customer base with that frame size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts