Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've rediscovered my love affair with bicycles after a fifteen year hiatus. Used to be a roadie but got scared of the traffic when my babies were little. Now loving the Greenways in San Antonio but learning that there are drawbacks, namely peds and dogs that don't share the trail. I want to be a good citizen and ambassador for the 2 wheel crowd so I got a bike bell, warn when passing and keep my speed reasonable. I'm in it for fun and fitness at this point. Anyone else like the Hardberger Park trail?:)

·
Two skinny J's
21,323 Posts
Welcome DChapman!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
DC-

Welcome to TwoSpoke! I cannot say I've ever been on that trail, but I do understand the frustration with pedestrians, other cyclists, etc not sharing the way. I'm glad you're using the bell as a warning and keeping your speed in check; it's the equivalent to the "Loud Pipes Lose Rights" in motorcycling.

Welcome back to cycling and enjoy the forum!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,174 Posts
Welcome, DC! Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. I do a lot of MUP riding out here in CO and definitely feel you on the dogs and peds. Good for you for being responsible out there. It's still surprising to me how many cyclists ride the MUPs around here without bothering to slow down or give a warning when passing peds.

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Hoping to hit some trail this afternoon. BTW how do you add addl info to your profile? I go to Profile and don't see the options at least not on my phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts