Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Offroad Junkie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here from SA?

I try to do at least 10miles a day on single track (mountain bike trails)

I am ready to ride most times after 4pm
and on the weekends, let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in San Antonio! Problem lately is that the sun goes down right around the time I get home. Do you do any night riding? I have never done a trail at night, but I'll give it a go! Hit me up if you wanna try it... As long as we don't get mugged... LOL!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,287 Posts
When it comes to handling muggers and/or aggressive critters, you might try this pepper spray, which is designed to attach to your top tube by velcro. Props to Xela for finding and posting it in the self-defense thread.

I bought one and have been quite happy with it in terms of ease-of-attachment and release. I have fortunately had no need to test its performance in a self-defense situation, so I can't speak to that. I like having it out of the way but immediately to-hand. It's stayed in place for several hundred miles, including a few sections of vision-blurring dirt road washboards.

·
Registered
108 Posts
for sure! I'm in San Antonio. I try and ride three or four times a week. some longer than others. I just got a mountain bike and I've been doing OP Schnable (sp?) park a lot. my roomate, who also rides, is trying to talk me into the back country at gov canyon. I mostly ride on the road though. I'll do the Leon creek greenway, or go ride downtown. sometimes I'll ride out to Castroville. where do you ride mostly?

edit: that was a question to you Tex, not the original poster lol. it's been a little while since he posted

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
dang, you lucky dogs!! other people to ride with... i am jealous

·
Registered
3 Posts
rideSATX said:
for sure! I'm in San Antonio. I try and ride three or four times a week. some longer than others. I just got a mountain bike and I've been doing OP Schnable (sp?) park a lot. my roomate, who also rides, is trying to talk me into the back country at gov canyon. I mostly ride on the road though. I'll do the Leon creek greenway, or go ride downtown. sometimes I'll ride out to Castroville. where do you ride mostly?

edit: that was a question to you Tex, not the original poster lol. it's been a little while since he posted
I've done the back country at govt. canyon. It's ROUGH! I'm on a full suspension 29'er and it was tough. Lots of rocks! I don't ride on the road at all, purely mountain. I've ridden OP several times but I seem to get lost every time. I don't know it very well yet... It's a good trail though. I have been riding Salado Creek lately and I LOVE it! Lemme know sometime after the holidays and maybe we can hit the trails!!

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
if you guys go to rio frio or garner state park on any holidays, i can try and be there. my parents live about 3 or 5 miles up the road form the entrance to garner

·
Offroad Junkie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't been to this site in a while, but just wanted you guy to know I usually ride in the early mornings now around 6am at Mac and Leon Creek Greenway, with a friend...we usually ride the entire length of the paved trail...but I also like to ride on the woods...30+ miles...if you wanna meet up with us and ride at least 20 miles...let me know

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey bud! I have a twitter and Facebook that I'm starting up to help spread the word of your ride and get more people to ride with you. Follow us on twitter @SAGroupCycle. I also have a Facebook account on there feel free to message me with any questions or if you could help spread the word that would be great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
rideSATX said:

I do only mountain biking. I run tubeless and it costs too much to put tires on that thing to wear them out on pavement. I ride OP, Govt Canyon (back country), Salado Creek, McAlister and Flat Rock Ranch from time to time... I'm game to ride pretty much anywhere where there's dirt!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts