save threadjacking talk about big bikes in here

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by craisin, Mar 19, 2010.

1. craisin

craisin New Member

honda goldwing nice bikes hack
    I riode a K100 BMW from Auckland to New Plymouth great bike but laying it over in the corners and powering out of the corner on a shaft-drive make the rear rise up and can push the rear wheel across the road[not very nice]on winding roads motorway or freeways great

I havent got a big bike myself but since I had a parachute accident 22 years ago people seem to like letting me ride their big bikes.

So Ive riden a few

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I really should take some photos of my bicycles, but here are my last three (the Harley is current) scoots.

Attached Files:

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Nice bikes Brian.

4. Industry_Hack

It's kind of ironic that my work in the bicycle industry has helped support my motorcycle habit.

5. craisin

craisin New Member

nice bikes hack
    Once I had a graze from my shin to my ankle was red raw on the outside of my right leg from being pillion with a drunk rider 1340 Harley skating down the road on my leg.
    I do like cafe-racer style bike as its easier to get your leg out incase of mishaps
    I like thumb throttles too like they have on quads

6. craisin

craisin New Member

I can see why you like the Harley over the Honda
    the honda looks difficult to get your leg over
    nice bikes

7. Industry_Hack

The Suzuki was the lowest. With the floorboards, I couldn't even flatfoot the Honda.

8. fleeter

fleeter The Bearded Wonder

I rode a honda cb550k everyday to high school... sold it the summer I graduated, and have regretted it ever since.

9. Industry_Hack

With that beard, you need a vintage Triumph. Or maybe a Norton.

10. craisin

craisin New Member

good call Hack but I doubt mum would let him out with the baby on the back

11. Industry_Hack

My daughter loved the Goldwing. When she was about 14, I took her to dinner, then we just rode around with the stereo up, and she thought it was the greatest thing ever. My fiance's daughter is 11 now, and she's the same way about the Harley. During the summer, we go for a short ride and get a shave ice to enjoy in the shade.

What's kind of odd is that my mostly conservative neighbor asked me if I could take her son for a ride in the summer. He rakes my leaves and picks up walnuts and little things like that around the yard, and apparently, it would be a big deal to him. Usually, it's dad's idea, but mom says no. In this case, his mom asked me. He's a good kid, so he'll get his turn once it warms up.

I'm fairly certain that if you expose kids to motorcycles when they're younger, they'll actually notice them when they get to be driving age. The same goes for bicycles. All those motorists that don't see bicycles probably didn't ride much as young adults.

12. fleeter

Well at the time, it was a pretty good fit. I was sporting a fu manchu, and the pipes didn't have any silencers, so I just looked like your average punk kid with nothing better to do than annoy the hell out of other people.

Plus, I couldn't argue with the price -- i picked it up for $150.

13. Industry_Hack

That might get you a tire today.

14. fleeter

or a full set for you bicycle! ;)

15. Industry_Hack

I have a Kenda on my Harley. People whine about them on their bicycles, yet I trust them at 100MPH.

16. fleeter

speaking of motorcycles... there was a pretty horrific wreck here in phoenix, yesterday. My prayers go out to their families.

17. Industry_Hack

If I'm not 100%, I don't ride. Since motorists can't be counted on, I need to be sure that all my senses are in the game. I've had days where I get off work, and just can't get on the freeway, because of a bad feeling. So I take the long way around the lake home.

18. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I've always wanted an old Norton. I have a relative in Iowa with a whole garage filled with Nortons and Triumphs but he won't sell a single one despite not even being able to ride anymore.

19. Industry_Hack

Sad. Really.

20. dcswan

dcswan New Member

I'm liking the idea more and more of getting a motorcycle in recent years, and not so much because of gas prices. Just want something fun, not that my bicycle isn't. I think the only one I'd be able to get though (to help the better half not worry so much) would be the newer Can Am Spyder. They are a pretty sharp looking ride though in my opinion.