Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is an early birthday present for a special friend. This is a 2012 model Navigator WSD (womans specific design) 1.0. Trek is dropping this model completely starting in 2013. Anyway by accident I stumbled across this bike on sale at a Sarasota bike shop on 7-26-12. Regularly $439. On sale for $359. A $79 savings. So I had to jump on this. For a little more the Navigator WSD 2.0 had adjustable front forks, but the color was not to my friends liking. But still this is a really nice bike. It is in the garage and won't be given to her until October 25. I'm just very fortunate I was able to get this for my friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a Navigator 3.0 that I adore. It was the bike that got me back into cycling about 4 years ago. It's a comfortable ride and I hope your friend enjoys many miles on hers.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Nice bike. I am sure that was a hard choice for Trek to discontinue. Your friend is very patient waiting until October for her new bike. Or is she unaware of the bike being purchased?

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No she was with me when I purchased it. I wanted her to see it and ride it to make sure it met with her approval. A darker blue is her favorite color. She loves it. Waiting until October is not a problem at all. Go figure why Trek discontinued this model. It might push people to other brands that still carry it. Thanks for seeing davereo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts