Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few from the Schuylkill River Trail in Philadelphia. For those not from here who are wondering, it's pronounced SKOO kul.

The second one is at Conshohocken, where I usually jump on. It is the Station Cafe, a victim of the times, I suppose. It was there forever, selling stuff to bikers, commuters and anyone who was curious about Conshohocken, I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice area. Lots of trails in the urban area?
At present, it starts at Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia (what they call in other places "downtown"). It runs through urban, gentrified, parkland, reclaimed industrial and suburban terrain all the way to Valley Forge Park. It goes by the Art Museum and Boathouse Row, and is the backbone of the Philadelphia International Pro Bike Race. It is paved and closed to vehicle traffic the whole way except for a short stretch around Manayunk, where you can take to the streets or ride the canal towpath, which is packed mud and gravel.

Several trails run into it, and it is being extended south to meet the Northeast Greenway, which as far as I know does not really exist except in planner's dreams. At Valley Forge, it connects with a trail that I think is called the Lower Perkiomen Valley trail, which runs up into the Poconos and is mostly packed gravel.

It is an awesome asset in an urban area like Philly. I can't begin to guess how many pictures I've taken.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Why don't you post some more. I used to ride that trail when I lived in South Jersey.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I have rode the trail from oaks to Manayunk i want to go all the way to the art museum some day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts