Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how many spokes? 48?

When you get to a point where you cant true it it's a little much. Super strong looking though.
I think the originals were 48 spoke but front one would not hardly turn evn avter putting some lubricants on the axle and bearings so i threw on some cheap next rims which are gone now and bike waiting for diff. set of wheels. I hated those wheels, i actually broke the coaster brake while riding lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you using to clean the chrome? And how are you painting the bikes?
Very nice job bringing that chrome back to life.
It was something cheap in a green bottle from walmart but i did have to mask off some spots and paint where it had rusted too bad (thin chrome on almost any bike) but it looks good from 10 feet away.

Just spray cans.

·
1,945 Posts
Have you ever tried oxalic acid on chrome? I mix a small tub of it and put pieces that are not too far gone in and let them soak for couple days. Takes the rust off with a lot less elbow grease.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have not but seen the results and usually turns out nice. That must be what people refer to an OA bath, i think.

Even heard of people using coca cola and aluminum foil, but i just use chrome polish, the cheap stuff. :)

·
1,945 Posts
I buy it in powder form. It is used as deck cleaner. I mix up a batch and use it all summer for parts. This little container lasts a long time. I have used foil and brass wool, but it falls apart easily and is expensive. Is the chrome polish the green bottle from Wal- Mart?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.