Two Spoke Forums banner

Screen name & Avatar

15K views 111 replies 36 participants last post by  hernandez56 
#1 ·
What does your screen name mean? What is your avatar? If you don't have an avatar, get one, they're free! Also, fill in that little space in your user profile where is says "location." It's nice to know where everyone lives and it often makes answering your questions easier too.

Ok, some screen names are obvious, but others, not so much. My screen name is fairly easy to figure out, especially to those beer enthusiasts out there. I LOVE BEER, especially the big hoppy ales. I started brewing beer in 1994. I don't do it much anymore due to lack of free time and down sizing. I work pretty much 6 days a week and my divorce left me with just under 1000 square feet of living space. Barely enough for my ever expanding fleet of bicycles.

My avatar, some of you may recognize as the Kool Aid dude on a bike. Not just any bike though. It's a singlespeed. To drink the Kool Aid is to ride a singlespeed. My avatar is a pitcher of Kool Aid cuz that's what I ride most of the time. I have nothing against geared bikes. Hell, I own more geared bikes that singlespeeds, but 90% of the time, I ride with just one gear. I love the simplicity of the bicycle and the singlespeed epitomizes that simplicity.

So, what about the rest of ya?

See less See more
#83 ·
I'm willing to take the risk, what does it mean?
I can't actually kill you since I have no clue where you live so your risk is heavily on your side. I can tell you this, that it's a name derived from another that was applied to me privately through friends of a hobby, find the hobby, find the nickname, and you found me. Are you that much of a sleuth? I doubt it, but it's a clue.

#88 · (Edited)
Kind of close, closer then I thought anyone would get, but that is obviously not me since I have been practicing Aikido for 30 years not 7 months as the person that wrote the article on the web site has been. You have great investigative skills, you should be working in law enforcement. Gee this becoming fun.

By the way, in practice Seagal does throw hard IF the person he is throwing is experienced, you see in this sport you learn to fall, the more experience you are the better you fall without getting hurt, so as your experience at falling improves you get thrown harder. Seagal is not a dick for throwing someone hard in practice because that person knows how to fall and is expecting to be thrown hard.

#89 ·
Kind of close, closer then I thought anyone would get, but that is obviously not me since I have been practicing Aikido for 30 years not 7 months as the person that wrote the article on the web site has been. You have great investigative skills, you should be working in law enforcement. Gee this becoming fun.

By the way, in practice Seagal does throw hard IF the person he is throwing is experienced, you see in this sport you learn to fall, the more experience you are the better you fall without getting hurt, so as your experience at falling improves you get thrown harder. Seagal is not a dick for throwing someone hard in practice because that person knows how to fall and is expecting to be thrown hard.
So it's based in Frozen techniques then? Cool.

If he didn't throw hard I would look down in him.

#90 · (Edited)
So it's based in Frozen techniques then? Cool.

If he didn't throw hard I would look down in him.
Actually your first assumption was correct, I was just trying to play you longer! I had my first Sensei call me that because of what you found, plus it played on something else related to me, so he called me froze for many years and even to this day. I thought I would play it out to confuse you because you found it too fast and quite frankly surprised me that you found it at all not alone so quickly. So you get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...well two thumbs up is better then death don't you think?

By the way Seagal is a rather large guy who weighed about 220 in his prime and stood 6' 4", unfortunately he didn't manage his weight well and is now around 320 pounds. He was never really muscular like a Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he had a natural strength that fooled many people, then add on top of that the ability to use the other person's power against themselves and it made him look really strong.

#91 ·
Actually your first assumption was correct, I was just trying to play you longer! I had my first Sensei call me that because of what you found, plus it played on something else related to me, so he called me froze for many years and even to this day. I thought I would play it out to confuse you because you found it too fast and quite frankly surprised me that you found it at all not alone so quickly. So you get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...well two thumbs up is better then death don't you think?

By the way Seagal is a rather large guy who weighed about 220 in his prime and stood 6' 4", unfortunately he didn't manage his weight well and is now around 320 pounds. He was never really muscular like a Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he had a natural strength that fooled many people, then add on top of that the ability to use the other person's power against themselves and it made him look really strong.
I've seen him recently, TV of course, he was pretty bloated.

#94 ·
Are you talking about his cop show or something else?
His current cop show. Where he plays a washed up actor trying to be a washed out cop. By the way, he's no Zen master either, I can't recall any Zen masters being accused for sexual assault, not once, but several women now have charges pending against him, according to More of Steven Seagal's alleged victims set to come forward, says lawyer of accuser Kayden Nguyen and Harassment problems pile up for Steven Seagal - BostonHerald.com

#95 ·
Lil bump, lotza new peps with some interesting user names :)

#96 ·
A friend and I were starting up a tech blog and wanted better screen names. We wanted something clever with a technical sound. Typically I by DVSGnome which is an inside joke that got out of hand, gnomes that is.

So we were playing with various names, words, and word parts. I have always liked Vox due to Bono Vox (Bono) of U2. So Omni=all Vox=voice. Hopefully I do not need to explain the trailing 42 on my screen name ;-).

The avatar I was using was the cartoon of THE FLY from the U2 Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me video. The current one is Batman, because he is awesome, nuff' said.

#97 ·
Dang! I had no time at all to think about it. I was searching for information on a Bike trip I was planning from Key Largo to key west. I had to sign up in order to post my questions so I just went with the first thing that popped in my head, and had given no thought at all to My screen name or avatar. Fortunately I own a MAC so I can pretty much capture any image that I come across with the old command shift 4 prompt, for my avatar the Two I like best so far are the ones I'm using and Bike head (see below)

Attachments

#100 ·
Mine means...well, I'm just going to have to be sneaky about that one.
In best Ricky Ricardo voice....Jew gonna haf ta splain that to me and jew not be so sneaky bout it :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.