Two Spoke Forums banner

Screen name & Avatar

15K views 111 replies 36 participants last post by  hernandez56 
#1 ·
What does your screen name mean? What is your avatar? If you don't have an avatar, get one, they're free! Also, fill in that little space in your user profile where is says "location." It's nice to know where everyone lives and it often makes answering your questions easier too.

Ok, some screen names are obvious, but others, not so much. My screen name is fairly easy to figure out, especially to those beer enthusiasts out there. I LOVE BEER, especially the big hoppy ales. I started brewing beer in 1994. I don't do it much anymore due to lack of free time and down sizing. I work pretty much 6 days a week and my divorce left me with just under 1000 square feet of living space. Barely enough for my ever expanding fleet of bicycles.

My avatar, some of you may recognize as the Kool Aid dude on a bike. Not just any bike though. It's a singlespeed. To drink the Kool Aid is to ride a singlespeed. My avatar is a pitcher of Kool Aid cuz that's what I ride most of the time. I have nothing against geared bikes. Hell, I own more geared bikes that singlespeeds, but 90% of the time, I ride with just one gear. I love the simplicity of the bicycle and the singlespeed epitomizes that simplicity.

So, what about the rest of ya?

See less See more
#103 ·
:) Bones is a nick name that stuck to me for the past almost 6 years. Given to me by first squad i was in and deployed with in the Army due to the fact i was the only one in the squad under 190lbs!! (i was 135lbs at the time) i just threw industries on it for sound effect lol... avatar is my bikes in my garage

#109 ·
my screen name is because yep you guessed it I have 3 kids and they all start with a T. =TJ (Tyler Justin David) Tina (Christina Yvonne) and Toni (Elisabeth Anntoinette Frances) no avitar just a pic of one of my bikes:cool:
My friend's boys are Philip T, Jason, William B, and Ian M. Last name Rich.
Phil T Rich
Will B Rich
I M Rich

Sucks to be Jason. ;)

#112 ·
The LCD screen is made up of two main components: the backlight and the LCD panel. The backlight is a light source that shines through the LCD panel to make the image visible. The LCD panel is a thin sheet of material that contains the liquid crystals that create the image. The LCD panel is made up of two layers of glass, with the liquid crystals in between. The bottom layer of glass is etched with a pattern of tiny dots, called pixels. Each pixel is like a tiny window that lets some of the light from the backlight through.
The top layer of glass has a transparent electrode that applies an electric field to the liquid crystals in the Notebook LCD.This electric field determines how the crystals are oriented, and thus how much light is let through each pixel. By varying the electric field, the LCD panel can create different images.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.