Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a set of zipp 404 tubulars for 400$. Not really my thing as I don't race, but they came along, and I jumped on them. Ha my friend was saying those are for racing crazy why'd you buy them. Honestly I'm not sure. But they are in good shape, bearings and tires are good. Anyways I'm just gonna ride em see if I like them and keep riding the hell out of them. :) I'm not a carbon crazy person but one of my bikes is a carbon frame so what the hell. My mavics will be here when they break, who knows maybe they'll last a while. I've read some forums about people riding 404s daily with good luck. Oh well.

image-3644336059.jpg

image-2711625599.jpg

Attachments

·
Seasider
451 Posts
Well, I do stuff like that. Even if something is not really what I'm after for the bike, if it's a bargain...gotta have it. Sometimes it works really well....you may find that you absolutely love the wheels and they work out great. I think I'd have bought em if I'd seen em.
Enjoy

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
You are riding, and that's all that matters. I've watched amateur triathletes compete on mountain bikes. But they were competing. They were also women in swimsuits on bicycles, but that's another story.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
.....women in swimsuits on bicycles...... I shudder at the thought. However, for purely educational purposes, perhaps the story should be told.....

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Video's please. Visual aides are good for education.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Oh yea nice wheels. I would ride them daily if I had them. Enjoy.

·
Two skinny J's
21,453 Posts
Wow, nice score! Hard to beat the price for sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts