SDMBA first-ever "WENCHES with WRENCHES" Womens' event with North of the Border Bike

Discussion in 'California Bike Forum' started by aweesan, Mar 3, 2010.

1. aweesan

aweesan New Member

Sorry boys, it's a dirty job and this one's for the ladies!

Please join us for our first-ever "WENCHES with WRENCHES" Womens' event!!

Ladies, we know that not every ride do you have some guy who loves to work on bikes or one who insists they fix it if something happens on your ride. We want you to know what to do to help yourself or a fellow rider on your ride! Mike & Doug will answer all the questions you have and show you step-by-step, as often as you need, how to do the most common repairs, as well as answer any regular maintenance & bike set-up questions.

Open to the first 20 SDMBA Women Members that RSVP, come get dirty with us and have a great day in the dirt with North of the Border Bikes.

All levels are very welcome! Please don't be shy; NoTB has a very encouraging and pro-girl rider environment! North Of The Border Bike Shop:love: North Of The Border Bike Shop:

Your RSVP to [email protected] includes:

* Bike Clinic instruction
    * Guided group rides for all levels at Penasquitos Preserve
    * Return to the shop for a celebratory Lunch!
    * Specials on merch and free schwag for attending!
    * If 21+, bring your ID if you would like to sample some of the delicious libations courtesy of Lagunitas Brewing Co.

Remember- First 20 women members- if not a current member, please join today at The Home of San Diego Mountain Biking Association - Home This instruction is well worth it's weight in gold!

North of the Border wants to support members for the advocacy & trail work done by SDMBAs membership and make it more valuable to SDMBA members to continue to be members.

Any questions or to RSVP: Email [email protected]
    Wenches with Wrenches - Bike Maintenance, ride & BBQ for SDMBA WOMEN MEMBERS!
    When: Sunday, March 21, 2010
    When: 8am-12pm
    Where: 9833 Pacific Heights Boulevard
    San Diego, CA 92121
    (858) 452-1230
    Google Map: 9833 Pacific Heights Blvd, San Diego, California 92121, United States - Google Maps

2. aweesan

aweesan New Member

6 spaces available for this event!

As of today, Sunday, 3/7, we have only 6 spots left. Don't be left out!

Should you have any questions, message me here or at [email protected] :thumbsup:

3. aweesan

aweesan New Member

Hey ladies! :)

Here are some of the photos I snapped during the first half of the event-- again,
    THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING MEMBERS, COMING OUT AND MAKING THIS CLINIC FUN!

Thank you to Mike & Doug at North of the Border Bikes, Lagunitas Brewing Co. :thumbsup: , iMountainbike for the cool t-shirts, and please send me your comments and ideas and when/where you'd like to do another one!

Here is the link-- I hope it works for you-- it's on Facebook!
    San Diego Mountain Biking Association's Photos - Wenches w/ Wrenches 3.21.10 | Facebook

happy trails! :love:

4. Cepheus

Cepheus New Member

I entrust my ride to a wench with a wrench for my repairs. Andrea Smith, New England Verge Cyclocross runner up is my local shops chief mechanic. :D