Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
I can tell you that in the past if you don't register early it will be sold out! I have heard it is an awesome ride. I have tried 2 years in a row to get up there for that one and one thing or another has gotten in the way and then it was to late to register. Another good century to ride up there is the Southern Maryland Century - THE INDIAN HEAD 100 It has/had about 4k of climb, nothing to bad and I thought it was a nice ride. It was the first century I had completed and was very disappointed in my avg speed. Indian Head 100 by rola643 at Garmin Connect - Details My Garmin shows 4,255 ft of elevation on that ride.

Not exactly the answer you were looking for but my .02 worth.

I would think the Assateague Century will be flat and fast, I'd like to do that one just to see if I could get a 5 hour century :)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,536 Posts
What the hell? A century ride that's name doesn't reference death, pain, punishment, destruction, misery or mental insanity? Sorry, I have an ego to maintain here. I'll wait for Death Ride 2011! or 100 Miles of Torture 2011! Sea Gull Century just sounds like a nice bike ride. [/sarcasm]

Looks like a great ride. Enjoy and let us know how it goes if you do ride it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
What the hell? A century ride that's name doesn't reference death, pain, punishment, destruction, misery or mental insanity?
Very odd indeed!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seagull is very popular...

Because it's well organized and flat. I think last year it had 7,000 plus riders. Reserve a room now if you're be staying over. I avoided the Seagull for many years because I like hills, but it was a fun ride. Early on it was kind of "bunchy" with so many riders, but after about 7 miles things spread out pretty nicely. At $60 or more it's one of the more expensive organized rides. Most of the others I do are around $35.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Because it's well organized and flat. I think last year it had 7,000 plus riders. Reserve a room now if you're be staying over. I avoided the Seagull for many years because I like hills, but it was a fun ride. Early on it was kind of "bunchy" with so many riders, but after about 7 miles things spread out pretty nicely. At $60 or more it's one of the more expensive organized rides. Most of the others I do are around $35.
I must miss the good ones, most I have done are at least 45-50 bux! Well...I guess if you buy a "been there done that "T-shirt and stuff :)

·
717 Posts
My wife and brother (who I just got into cycling) have plans to do this. Yes. it's expensive but where else can you ride with 7,000 others (I guess thats a good thing, never experienced it)? Brother lives in Easton so saving $$$ on motel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts