Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
A friend of mine will be the motorcycle lead for the Vail Time Trial on the 25th. He's very excited for the opportunity.

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
I'll be in Vail for the uphill ITT. We are going to hang around at the start and watch from there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whelp..Prologue is in the books. Looks like many of the riders are not quite as acclimated to this altitude as they thought. And.....it's all "uphill" from here. LOL

Oh yea...you noticed how everyone has substituted acclimate with the word.. climatised? Always thought you climatised a building and acclimated the body. Oh well..just an observation.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Whelp..Prologue is in the books. Looks like many of the riders are not quite as acclimated to this altitude as they thought. And.....it's all "uphill" from here. LOL

Oh yea...you noticed how everyone has substituted acclimate with the word.. climatised? Always thought you climatised a building and acclimated the body. Oh well..just an observation.
Interesting catch dog!

cli·ma·tize   [klahy-muh-tahyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object) -tized, -tiz·ing.
to acclimate to a new environment.
to prepare or modify (a building, vehicle, etc.) for use or comfort in a specific climate, especially one that includes extreme cold or extreme heat: to climatize a house by adding insulation and storm windows.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gotta love the sites' Shack TourTracker. No Commercials!!.

Well..kinda...going to Shack TourTrack and going full screen, the commercials play, but only the audio in the background. Because of the live-feed, you still see the race. Guess that's why God invited the mute button.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WoW! Stage 2 just finished. Mother Nature (aka: NO AIR).. kicked some serious booty. Least Levi Leipheimer didn't fall as the Schleck brother's.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts

I think it is because the European riders couldn't say "acclimated". I heard one of the Schleck brothers struggling with it, before giving up :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh..no doubt. Was funny. (In a light-hearted way). Kinda like nodding your head talking to a stutterer. Bobb'n for the word for the word to get out. How bout that 8 bike pile up shortly after the start of yesterdays' start. I'm totally surprised nobody picked up that skinny tires and cattle grates don't mix. Gads..that made me pucker.:eek:

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Watching Stage 5 on Versus and trying to decide what beer to pair with Irene tonight and I'm think of Death by Hops :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
A friend of mine will be the motorcycle lead for the Vail Time Trial on the 25th. He's very excited for the opportunity.
How does one get to do that?

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
What a crazy stage 5 finish!

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
I was impressed with the crowd it drew!

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
What an amazing experience! I was able to get to the last four stages (I had to skip out on work Thursday and Friday :)). The time trial in Vail was great because you got to see each rider go by, but I'd have to say that being on Swan Mt., 200 meters from the top of the last KOM line, on Saturday was the highlight. The crowd was unbelievable! I am totally impressed!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts