Selling Brand New Trek Madone 4.5 to raise money for American Lung Association

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by crazyjarhead, Nov 6, 2009.

1. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

I won a new bike from Mellow Johnny's as part of the fund raising for Livestrong 2009. I want to sell the bike in order to raise money for American Lung Association.

I'm riding from Seattle to Washington DC next summer as part of the Big Ride Across America. Money raised from this sale will go to American Lung Association. I'm funding my equipment and transport to the start site.

Brand new 2010 Trek Madone 4.5. Mellow Johnny's will substitute frame size for fit.

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Got any pictures of the bike?

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Nice, what are you looking to get for it?

4. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

as much as I can get up to the MSRP, which is about $2000.

As the ad says I'm trying to raise donations for the Big Ride. :thumbsup:

5. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

I tested one of these when I bought my Specialized Roubaix. It was a hard choice - this is a nice entry level road bike.

6. dhima_s

dhima_s Guest

hi im interested in maddone 4.5 bike you have for sale. i can pay through paypal if you can post the bike on ebay. i live in florida. whats the price?

7. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

difficult to get it to Florida :confused:

8. dhima_s

dhima_s Guest

they do have special boxes in LBS that they ship. it usually is $75 to $100. if you can post it on ebay i can pay immedietly through paypal. thanks for your time

9. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

jarhead if you need a box let me know. I have the box my KHS Urban Uno came in.

10. dhima_s

dhima_s Guest

i can pay for it total $1300 with paypal. if i had the money i could pay more but its hard because the college is killing me. i do need a bike though mainly for commuting and training. please let me know if we can get a solution. thanks for your time.

11. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

Would prefer a local sale but I'll think about this. Perhaps I can have Mellow Johnny's prep the bike for shipment. I don't currently have an eBay account but working on it.

One issue: what frame size?

12. dhima_s

dhima_s Guest

Size 56cm. I think ebay and paypal is the best way for both parties. the only think is does the bike have any warranty? can you send an invoice with the bike in order the warranty to be valid. Because any online sale is not valid by trek. Bike is my main commuting way and hopefully this will work. If you like we can communicate by email or phone so we dont have to post all this.

SD
    561 401 6002
    [email protected]

Thanks for your fast responds.

13. crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead Guest

I posted this on ebay.

I'm checking with the bike shop on prepping for shipment and on the warranty.

[email protected]

14. dhima_s

dhima_s Guest

can you please let me know calling me in cell that i gave you when you will post it so i can buy it and pay?
    thanks