Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me, I cannot find the serial number on this damn bike!

The manual says its on the frame underneath the bottom bracket. I've flipped this thing over and over and I can't find it! There's an oval plate with the model number and date of mfr but no serial number. I've looked for just a "stamp" somewhere, but I can't find anything.

Any ideas?

New Schwinn Admiral Hybrid

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I found it underneath the sticker that the person who assembled it put on the bike. That was bright.

BUT, the engraving/stamp is painted over very thickly and I can only read 4 numbers. Am I going to have to use paint thinner on my paint job just to read the SN? WTH!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, I found it underneath the sticker that the person who assembled it put on the bike. That was bright.

BUT, the engraving/stamp is painted over very thickly and I can only read 4 numbers. Am I going to have to use paint thinner on my paint job just to read the SN? WTH!!!
Go get some silly putty, playdough, or something similar.

When I am working on my car and I cant tell what kind of bolt something is, this is what I do. I usually even get the manufacturer's imprint with it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I counldn't find it on my Raleigh Team carbon frame for the life of me, until I removed the rear wheel and there it was stamped on the inside of the drop out.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go get some silly putty, playdough, or something similar.

When I am working on my car and I cant tell what kind of bolt something is, this is what I do. I usually even get the manufacturer's imprint with it.
Hmmm, I don't have any small children so I don't have play doh or silly putty. I'll have to see what I can find. Maybe plumbers putty!

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put a piece of paper over the SN and rub it with a pencil. You might get a readable impression.
Yeah, that was the first thing I tried. It's really filled in pretty good with paint. I'm going to try the putty thing, but I think I might have no choice but to thin the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts