shorts with padding

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Don, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Don

Don NC Road Biker

Are they good to where while riding?Thinking bout getting some,my butts been hurting!!Thanks:thumbsup:

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Absolutely! Good cycling shorts + a high quality well fitting saddle = a happy rear end.

3. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

good shorts are worth spending money on and make a huge difference when riding

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Don't go cheap on this purchase.....get yourself a good pair of shorts and your butt will thank you.

5. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

getting real bike shorts will take your ride from good to great. For affordable, high quality shorts I always reccommend people check out Aerotech Designs!

• Affordable
    • American Made (in PA I believe?)
    • Very high quality
    • Great customer service
    • Sizes from small to 4 or 5XL (because they understand that cyclists come in ALL shapes and sizes; I respect that)

I've got 2 pairs of the standard shorts and 4 or 5 pairs of the Pro shorts and my wife (who is an Athena AKA: a big girl cyclist) has a few pairs of their womens shorts too. I've been super-happy with all of them. If you can swing it the pro shorts are noticeably nicer than the standard shorts but any of their products are great!

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with Aerotech Designs other than being a very satisfied repeat customer

6. Don

Don NC Road Biker

I got me some guys..no more sore a##!!

7. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

oh well thats that subject covered :D :D

8. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

Just one more little item... for long rides,say anything over 50 miles use a chamoix creme.. I recommend Assos. New levels of comfort!