Two Spoke Forums banner
321 - 340 of 370 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts
there is a lot to that... most young male road cyclist shave where I live and the over thirty group is much more mixed. Some do but most don't. To me this illustrates the pros do it affect. As people become more confident in ourselves one just does what works best for them and forgets the whole what is cool or pro stuff. Basically older and wiser.

Not saying it is dumb or immature to shave. Just why more young riders will do it than older riders do.

On a side note in the bike shop even if they have a mtb with them, I think... legs shaved means roadie! On mtb rides it is easiest way to know who is a roadie. Or cross dresser :p haha kidding.

Last side note... if it makes one feel better and faster than it will have a positive affect. Confidence isso important. If you feel faster in a wool ballet skirt, then find one and ride in that.

Pretty sure if I was a guy I would not shave but am not bothered by guys who do. It is cool either way, as long as they ride.
Older and wiser, I like that :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not shaving my legs
Also, not leaving strips of hair in the hopes of gaining a few watts. I'm a hairy guy plus I have a beard. The hair stays!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,487 Posts
That's just funny. I get the functionality of the chevrons, and 5 watts is certainly nothing to sneeze at in the context of a race. I can only imagine that replacing them with body hair would require both plenty of sculpting gel and an extremely hirsute individual :D.

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
Rather than shave your legs and leave a strip of long hear for faster speed, you can forego that and wear this cycling kit instead. No, the outfit won't actually make you any faster but getting away from the guys who are getting ready to kick your butt certainly will. :eek:

·
3,510 Posts
Rather than shave your legs and leave a strip of long hear for faster speed, you can forego that and wear this cycling kit instead. No, the outfit won't actually make you any faster but getting away from the guys who are getting ready to kick your butt certainly will. :eek:

And for after the ride, freshen up, put on your perfume and jump into your Romhim single piece suit.... for the real man in you that wants to break away......uhhhhh..... no way! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Who on this forum is going to volunteer to go in when their wife gets a Brazilian wax and have it done along their legs so they can measure the 'aerodynamic effects'?

I think there's a dirty joke in there somewhere but I'm not smart enough to come up with it...

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts

That picture makes me sick to stomach to look at...

·
Two skinny J's
21,645 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,029 Posts
How about NOTHING in that pic! That is the stupidest outfit (didn't want to shame the word kit) I've ever seen I think, and I've seen a bunch. I bet he shaved his balls off to think that would be OK to go out in public with. The only thing good that could happen there would be a giant tennis racket whak that out of view BEFORE I saw it. Dang, the nonsense! WTF is the jockey plaid for anyway? That's even wrong for Halloween. Dude's way confused, lol...............

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
At least he has some normal looking Sidi shoes.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I showed my wife this picture and she said I'd look pretty cool in that.

I would imagine that he probably would want to do a little scrotal/etc shaving so it would make it easier to wash off the swamp-crotch he would get from biking for very long in that outfit.

How about NOTHING in that pic! That is the stupidest outfit (didn't want to shame the word kit) I've ever seen I think, and I've seen a bunch. I bet he shaved his balls off to think that would be OK to go out in public with. The only thing good that could happen there would be a giant tennis racket whak that out of view BEFORE I saw it. Dang, the nonsense! WTF is the jockey plaid for anyway? That's even wrong for Halloween. Dude's way confused, lol...............

·
Registered
811 Posts
I will take one for the team and grow out a strip of leg hair.
When you say 'strip' - do you mean it as in singular, like trying it on just one leg?

Because what happens if the strip idea works so well that you're tremendously faster on just one side and subsequently you can only ride in circles until you grow a strip on the other leg?

321 - 340 of 370 Posts