Featured Should We Shave Our Legs?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by passionispain, Sep 16, 2011.

1. froze

froze Banned

Instead of blade, just get some Gorilla tape and tape your legs with the stuff then yank. Should get most of the hair out by the roots thus will take longer to grow back.

2. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Good lord man I'll pass on that one LOL :D

3. qmsdc15

qmsdc15 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the primary reason for shaving is to avoid painful bandage removal.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Don't be such a baby. I removed my own big toe nail yesterday. The left one. And I expect to be back on my Harley by Wednesday.

:eek:

5. froze

froze Banned

Is removing toe nails the next big cycling thing? We could cut a few grams with those things gone.

6. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Rat Biker

Meh pulling toe nails no biggie been there done that :D

7. mom_of_3_ts

mom_of_3_ts Senior Member

You guys are funny but as I said before I like a man who is hairless as possible and been asking around and it seems that most everyone I've talked to agrees with me .. so what ever reason you have for doing it is all right with me !!! ;)

8. Moto700

Moto700 New Member

OK, but I'm keeping my toe nails.

9. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee New Member

Tattoos cover most of my upper body so I don't feel the need to shave. Just yesterday I stumbled into the lair of Cycling Ef-Ups. I brought a cyclocross bike to a "group ride" while wearing a cotton shirt, Live Simply hat, and baggy shorts (Yup, riding platform pedals as well). I had originally thought about riding my Enduro just for fun. Had I done that, I might have been stoned at the feet of the herd.

I felt out of place but oddly proud.

10. qmsdc15

Are you with the circus? Why do your tattoos preclude the need to shave? I'd imagine the opposite to be true.

Wear a helmet to group rides. Present yourself. What are the odds of a serious cyclist coming to your shop after seeing you decked out in Fredware? Don't alienate yourself from your potential clientele. If you sell cycling clothes you might consider wearing some on group rides. Helmet, gloves, shoes, shorts, etc. All that stupid stuff that people go to bike shops for...

11. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee New Member

I don't own a shop or work for one so I prefer to ride what's comfortable. Not with the circus yet but typically no one notices body hair on top of ink. For all anyone knows, I could be shaving but it's hard to notice. For the record, I shave my face every now and then, but that's about it.

12. qmsdc15

Sorry. I guess I mixed you up with someone else.

13. skycomag

skycomag Member

i don't have to, nature took care of that for me!

14. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee New Member

15. SignWorX

SignWorX New Member

Lol!!! So true.

16. SignWorX

SignWorX New Member

My hair keeps me warmer during winter rides:)

17. jason9142002

jason9142002 New Member

I am not gay but I shave my whole body. Summer is hot and hair is gross.

18. qmsdc15

Too bad. You could probably get some cute guys riding around all shaved down and sweaty. Do you ride shirtless?

What about your eyebrows and head? Would that be gay?

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Senior Member

You would have hair as thick as a bear to keep warm during winter rides.

Me, I don't shave, I don't have the time to mess around with doing all of that crap; besides, my hair protects me from sunburn!

20. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I had no choice, due to my leukemia, but to treat it with radiation and hormone therapy. One of the side effects of the hormones is loss of body hair. I lost all the hair on my legs, chest, underarms and most of my eyebrows.

To be honest with you, I really liked the feeling when riding without hair on my legs. It's been over a year since I stopped taking the hormone pills and now the hair is coming back to those areas. The only thing is that the hair on my legs is now very dark and very fine and is growing in some areas of the legs and not in other areas. It looks like crap and I'm seriously thinking of taking a razor to the legs just because of the way they look. I have never shaved my legs before so I'm still kind of hesitant.