Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us are just amateurs when it comes to videos, but let's see them anyway. In the same vein as "show us your bike," I say, "show us your videos."

I'll start, criticism expected.

Setting: Bike Ride Around Tennessee, 2011. Last day, chasing my riding buddy down Hwy 46. He's in a Quest velomovile and I can't make an inch on him until we leave the highway and hit a climb.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contour HD, mounted on my helmet. Bike was a NoCom (lowracer.)

I'm heading off to do DALMAC tomorrow morning, and I hope to get some nice vids. Maybe I can piece together something more interesting than a few speed runs - you know, to give the flavor of the ride too. Well, the flavor as I experience it, anyway...

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
What id DALMAC, BP?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DALMAC is the Dick Allen Lansing to MACkinaw tour, which is either a 4 or 5 day bike tour from Lansing (Michigan) to the Straits of Mackinaw at the end of August every year.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Oh I gotcha. My Aunt walks the Mackinaw bridge up there every year and my folks go when they can from Texas.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DALMAC finishes the day before the Bridge Walk. So if you're up there on Sunday and see lots of bikes, that's why. I'm sure a few stay over to do the walk, but most of the cyclists pack up for home on Sunday evening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
why recumbent can't climb

Hi everyone,
you might like this video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCOgDnzO8c&feature=share&list=UU5uNdMeA95Q_3vV3PkDusQg[/ame] we also have many more on www.bicycletrailreview.com

ok i am have a blast filming all these, and yes i ride a bacchetta with three cameras, over weigh 220 and old 59. You might notice i am always the last one to leave starting area, just because someone wonder if the participant minded being so close to a car...just me on my bike! enjoy kim

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Hi everyone,
you might like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCOgDnzO8c&feature=share&list=UU5uNdMeA95Q_3vV3PkDusQg we also have many more on www.bicycletrailreview.com

ok i am have a blast filming all these, and yes i ride a bacchetta with three cameras, over weigh 220 and old 59. You might notice i am always the last one to leave starting area, just because someone wonder if the participant minded being so close to a car...just me on my bike! enjoy kim
Dang mang....

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks btr1, I enjoyed... well, I enjoyed the downhill stuff. But I think you're blaming the bike for the engine there. Bents may be at a slight disadvantage (opinions seem to depend on who you talk to,) but I'm pretty sure they CAN climb. My riding buddy put this up several years ago. Since I'm not in the camera's field of view, I must have been in front of him! Yeah... In front! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Anyway, I was never a great hill climber on my uprights, and I'm about the same on my 'bents. But my starting speed is now higher; and this kind of stuff is pretty common for us. Notice that most of the upright riders are standing to get up that second one.

http://youtu.be/HBV7-h6sIyo

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here's a short one from DALMAC; me riding my M5 Highracer in front of my buddy in his Quest. This was a long shallow climb; too shallow for the difference in weight to offset his aero advantage.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
btr1 said:
Hi everyone,
you might like this video Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCOgDnzO8c&feature=share&list=UU5uNdMeA95Q_3vV3PkDusQg we also have many more on www.bicycletrailreview.com

Sweet video.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice videos. THANKS.

Makes me want to do Dalmac.

Is the FL video in Clermont area?

Some bents climb ALOT better than others. NOT talking about MMB FWD
OR STICKbikes :)

JM

1 - 20 of 49 Posts