Singlespeed Maybe

Discussion in 'Fixed & Singlespeed' started by wild, Nov 4, 2010.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

This showed up the outher day, maybe a single speed in there some where :rolleyes: The thing is a tank, but I think there is hope

Attached Files:

2. E-Dog

E-Dog Til' the wheels fall off

Definitely looks like it could be given a new life, would be a nice project. Keep us posted!

Needs new cranks IMHO.

3. worthlees

worthlees Senior Member

Nope , snow plow blade V style !! Looks tough enough to take on a tank !! Congrats , I
    like heavy duties.

4. wild

I can't get over that it is all there except the front reflector, just sat out getting rusty. If I change cranks it will be 3# lighter I would guess. I wonder how old it is, anyone got an idea. :confused:

5. momule

momule New Member

Somewhere along the line you will probably find an issue that brings up the cost vs benefit issue. While that stops most of us anything can be done if you wish to throw enough money at it. If it was mine I would resurrect it to the point of ridability and sell it at the next swap meet and save my money for a truly worthy project. Just my opinion.....

6. wild

Well I have bin rideing it as a single speed, I took off the derailers and shifters took off the dork ring and watter bottle holder, put a new chain on it I had laying around. I used the 50 X 21 tooth sprockets . I have bin having a good time with it rideing 5 to 10 miles at a time, and a little snow won't stop it. I nead to find out how to get the sprockets off the rear hub it looks like thay just un screw and I will make a spacer for it, I will allso make a spacer for the frunt chain ring and only use one sprocket. A nice set of rims with 700x 35s would be nice also.:rolleyes:

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm glad it worked out. I want to do that with one of my scrappers when I get the money.