Two Spoke Forums banner

Skratch Labs Superfuel

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  maelochs 
#1 ·
Bought some of this to try and see what happens. It's SUPER expensive so I've been holding off using it. Think I'm gonna try tomorrow. Worried about side effects. Think I'll halve the mix tomorrow as I plan to only ride 40 miles or so but i wanna know how it works.
Fruit Automotive lighting Plant Font Fish
Automotive tire Font Material property Circle Publication

See less See more
2 2
Reactions: Germanrazor
#2 ·
Bought some of this to try and see what happens. It's SUPER expensive so I've been holding off using it. Think I'm gonna try tomorrow. Worried about side effects. Think I'll halve the mix tomorrow as I plan to only ride 40 miles or so but i wanna know how it works.
View attachment 48512 View attachment 48514

Did I read the calories correct per serving?

#3 ·
Most likely :D I'm curious to see how "thick" this concoction will be with 7 scoops in a single drink bottle!

Reactions: Germanrazor
#4 ·
I don't like Gu's so this MAY be a decent alternative for longer rides.

What you need to know about Cluster Dextrin and why it’s so unique.

1. It’s bigger, providing more energy. A Cluster Dextrin molecule packs in more calories per gram – or more energy – than other fueling options. A Cluster Dextrin molecule has 60 to 70 glucose (sugar) units linked together. By comparison, maltodextrin, the most common carbohydrate used in gels and performance drinks, contains 3 to 20 glucose units linked together. One serving of Superfuel Sport Drink Mix provides 400 calories, enough energy to power your hardest efforts.

2. It’s more complex, in a good way. Cluster Dextrin also has a unique structure. Its glucose units are linked together like tree branches wrapped into a wreath. Meanwhile, maltodextrin is a long, straight chain of linked units. When maltodextrin is digested, all of the glucose units break apart all at once. This can overwhelm the gut. When Cluster Dextrin is digested, its branches take time to unwrap and the glucose units break off gradually. With Superfuel, you get a steady release of energy without the risk of gastrointestinal distress. It’s like getting the energy of a meal without the heaviness or the runs!

3. It’s more soluble and drinkable. Because Cluster Dextrin is amazingly soluble, we can get a ton calories into Superfuel without turning it into sludge. Superfuel dilutes easily in water for a great tasting beverage that you can sip, gulp, or chug. It’s great for when there’s no time to chew, or for when you just can’t stomach a thick, sticky gel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.