SloSpokeJim here in Cent FL

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SloSpokeJim, Jan 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SloSpokeJim

SloSpokeJim New Member

Hello everyone SloSpokeJim here from cent. FL checking in. Retired 69 yr old male riding about 6500 mile per yr all around this great state. Love the sunshine, although this weekend we could get some snow flakes (what do they look like):D:eek:

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Great to have you here! Impressive mileage. Post some pics of your ride in the cycle registry. We like seeing pics.

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi Jim welcome to a grate site ,enjoy

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Heard it's freezing there now.

5. SloSpokeJim

SloSpokeJim New Member

Dean, thanks for the welcome. It is 36*F at 10:43 am and going to get a little higher. It was in the mid to high 20s last night. Our record low here in Orlando was 19*F set a few years ago.

6. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum....sorry to hear about those cold Florida temps. Congrats with the great mileage....very impressive.

7. Sickmont

Sickmont Member

Greetings from Bradenton!

8. SloSpokeJim

SloSpokeJim New Member

Thanks for the welcome. This looks like a very good forum. I am eagar to read what others have to say. It is now 51*F, I think I just might try to ride today.

9. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

From what I have been seeing on the news, thats a heat wave for you right now.

10. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Get lots of bursting pipes? Here in Austin it also doesn't freeze often. Got down to 10 a few nights ago and busted pipes everywhere the next day.

11. mikebike

mikebike Florida Cyclist

Jim... do you ride off road or only road...??? Would love to guide you around the Santos trails sometime

or...

if you want a nice ride in the horse farms of Ocala we would love to have you join my wife & I on as we ride our tandem on the road.

send me a PM is you are interested

Mike

12. SloSpokeJim

SloSpokeJim New Member

Just sent you a PM