Two Spoke Forums banner

Snow and global warming

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  flyingdog 
#1 ·
Ordinarily we do not get much snow here in southern England. Until this year. Now we have 15" on the ground and roads. Can't ride outside because we have few snow plows and the lanes are bogged up. Cold you can deal with, it's the snow that's making things all wrong.

Here's to global warming. We could use a good bit about now.

#3 ·
Dean, just Google England Snow. I'm sure you can share in my misery.

Have yet to take the time to learn how to post pictures online. I do not own a camera except for the 1 megapixal piece-of-crap cell phone I own.

Several years ago I raced outside of a town named Waco in Texas. Was riding with a British junior road team. We raced in New York, Ohio, Texas, Florida and Massachusetts.

Waco was very, very hot. I liked the weather, however. I've never gotten used to cold.
Gainsville in Florida was nice too. We raced at a college. Crit racing on campus. I was more interested in the tanned girls. Florida and its beaches is great. Some day I would like to visit southern Florida. I watched the movie True Lies and liked the look of the water and the highway bridges over it.

#7 ·
Up here in Glelivet i've got four feet of snow at the front door of my house, minus 20 degrees C and lots of rutted ice on the roads which makes it impossible to cycle on.
Next time you go by the distillery please bow at the front gates and give my warm regards. :)

#8 ·
We stil have piles of snow leftover from Christmas, and now it is snowing again. Some places we have it piled 7 feet high. I think I would love to go to the UK and live it up in the snow!
Why would you like to travel to England to play in snow when you're already up to your top hat in it? Our snow is no better than yours. Our drinking women are better, but not our snow.

#13 ·
I'll do that tonight for you as i pass through the gates, to prepare the first batch of the year. :D :D
Oh you lucky dog!

Ya know, my great grandfather worked there and died there. He fell in one of the big vats and drowned. It was a horrible and long death as he got out three times to use the bathroom. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.