Snus?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Farnsworth, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

I was in a corner store and everyone seems to be offering Snus now. I grabbed a can along with my Copenhagen and gave it a try. I like it. Any one else into smokeless tobaccos? I've started researching them and evidently they're Swiss in origin. Just thought it was cool. They also have a powdered tobacco you snort called snuff. I know in a sport where you need your lungs a lot of you wouldn't smoke but I'm interested in seeing how many of you dip. Anyone?

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I manage a restaurant so if I freak out I keep Camel Snus and a pack of smokes in my desk. If the wife found out she would be mad. I "quit" a couple of years ago, but when your in a stressful field you have to do something. I saw Marlboro has a Snus now have you tried that one?

3. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Nope, never have and never will.

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I think it's a southern thing.

6. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

7. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I watched some Nightline type show about Snus and how it's safer but they featured a guy that used Snus when he couldn't smoke so it wasen't helping at all. He would have it in his mouth even when he brushed his teeth.

Not for me.

8. Industry_Hack

9. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Even if I could get past the carcinoegenics, the spitting, and the ridiculous bulge in the gumline, I can't get past the voice in the back of my head:

from the 80's -- Joseph Campanella on a radio ad, saying, "...if you want to avoid the dangers of tobacco, you have to...avoid...tobacco."

Hell, if I was gonna take up tobacco again, it'd be cigars.

10. Industry_Hack

Now you're talkin'.

11. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, how can you want to put anything like that in your mouth...

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I see it differently than you guys clearly. My Father has dipped my entire life. It seems common place to me. A lot of people around here do it. A few guys at work. I like the Snus because there's no spitting involved, and I think most people have no clue that I'm dipping unless they see me put it in my mouth, which like I said I keep it in my desk so no worries. After reading a lot on it it's really only popular in Scandinavian countries and the south. Any of you haters ever try it?

13. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

All my Uncles did but my Dad never touched the stuff. He still smokes. My entire life he would try to hide it form me although I always knew.

14. Industry_Hack

Probably bigger in Texas than Utah. We're known for soccer moms on meth.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Oh trust me we have plenty of those. Meth is huge in rural Texas. Urban not so much though on occasion I see them out when I'm riding home looking in the gutters for shiny things. I grew up rural and it was every where. I think it's a wonder my brother and sister and I didn't end up on it.

16. Biker

Biker New Member