Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
Joined
·
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I rode with some one new. I was expecting/hoping for several to show but it was not to be. I find it's always interesting when you ride like this cuz you just don't know how the other person rides. Fast, slow, steady should you rotate pulling duties ETC.

I have ridden with guys and groups WAY better than me that I prolly had no business riding with them ...but hey helps me get better :) Lately I've ridden with a few on the other end of the scale and find my self worrying about averages stupid stuff like that, sorry cannot help it :D

This brings to what I have discovered, of the groups I have ridden with, generally the fast use the peleton hand signals and not much verbiage, such as car back, car up, whatever. I HATE THAT! I get in my zone and that scares the sh*+ out of me when people do that. I know its courtesy but I just can't get used to it. I look for hand signals and use them vs so much verbiage!!

Ok sorry off my soapbox, please carry on. That is all :cool:
 

·
Two skinny J's
Joined
·
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tacos and beer, does it get any better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
Joined
·
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,099 Posts
rola643 said:
This past weekend I rode with some one new. I was expecting/hoping for several to show but it was not to be. I find it's always interesting when you ride like this cuz you just don't know how the other person rides. Fast, slow, steady should you rotate pulling duties ETC.

I have ridden with guys and groups WAY better than me that I prolly had no business riding with them ...but hey helps me get better :) Lately I've ridden with a few on the other end of the scale and find my self worrying about averages stupid stuff like that, sorry cannot help it :D

This brings to what I have discovered, of the groups I have ridden with, generally the fast use the peleton hand signals and not much verbiage, such as car back, car up, whatever. I HATE THAT! I get in my zone and that scares the sh*+ out of me when people do that. I know its courtesy but I just can't get used to it. I look for hand signals and use them vs so much verbiage!!

Ok sorry off my soapbox, please carry on. That is all :cool:
Ok Rola,
Since I ride solo 99% of the time and find hand signals mostly useless....except when the nice people that honk and yell as they drive by give me the #1 signal <snicker>. The other 1% is rare and we used to use verbals.
Therefore, I don't know what the hand signals are.
Any chance you could give a brief run down in the forum? I may just need that information done day.
Thanks.
 

·
Two skinny J's
Joined
·
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
Hey, kool link. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,099 Posts
This was good info., but not many hand signals mentioned. Again though, I believe anyone preparing to ride with another rider or a group should read this.
Thank you.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top