Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally discovered that I truly love cycling and bicycles. Like with a passion, my first road bike, bought with paper route $ , a brand spankety new Raleigh Blue Sprite, 62', the 29 mile trek to the bike shop twice a week, or so, for upgrades landed me a job in the shop. I had good training grounds in southwestern PA and developed a longing to go to France, Tour de, that is.
having averaged 7000mi.+/- a summer.Bought a Colagno in 64'and WOW!!!

65' began my Navy/Fleet Marine Force stint for 8 years. Got out 73' and spent alot of years "bummed out,workin like slave labor and YadaYah.

2011, Yup, I had a Heart Attack, DANG!!! However, Cardio-rehab involves lots'a
pedaling, well the YadaYah I mentioned seemed to fade into the fact that I CAN RIDE,AGAIN. WOHOO!!!!

First leg of my tour will begin June 2012 from PA to TX to welcome my son into civilian life from the Corps, 5 tours combat zone.

So here I be and that is me.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome and than you and your son for your service!

·
173 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Always good to meet another Nam Vet! Tell your son welcome home
for me!! Your history is much like mine, only Army medic. Again welcome!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
TourUSt: I stand here today and salute you and your son for putting it on the line in order for all of us to be able to enjoy each beautiful day !

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome I used to live in SW Pa. You might have actually heard of the sprawling metropolis of 84. I used to speak fluid yinzer, but its been a few years and my knowledge of Steeler football has dropped off.

Now live outside of Fort Worth Texas so if you are through the area, holler

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya'll are Awesome, no really,

MAMBI, You touched home stunningly. Thank You, our pleasure.

worthlees, I can say Semper fi to Army? Hey, we could talk, Warriors have heroes too, their called MEDIC.

Ya like Phillies SLOOOOOW! close tho', I may do Livestrong for cancer this August

So thanx for the welcome, see yas, yinz, and ya'll.

Mark, I plan to ride to yer neck-o-woods next summer, a little north

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Hi from The Swamps of South Jersey.
You could say it is a suburb of Philly :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts