Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long Surly LHT with V-Brakes and hello Soma Saga with disc brakes

My Question what do you think about it?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic supply chain from Chinese United States I noticed replacement v brakes were not available

I have been riding a Surly Long haul trucker since 2008 when I got it for my birthday for November 2008

Christmas of 2020 I ordered the Soma Saga disc frame and disc brakes parts and I have new 10-speed parts ready. And in October 2013 I made my new wheel set disc ready.

next year in 2021 I will get new fenders tubus is racks no more jandd racks

Hey
Surly LHT V-brakes to Soma saga disc
I got a new frame set a Soma Saga Disc 52cm with 26" wheels and disc brakes parts disc and I have Shimano XT/Deore 10 speed bike parts in my storage unit

Man I just sold my Surly LHT frame for $650 with a handlebar bag and Conti touring plus tires With XT components 9 speed

My New Soma Saga disc brakes frame set 52cm, 26in wheels

Let awesome to roll in this next year for a new year 2021

20201230_121834.jpg

20201230_121859.jpg

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how long is this build going to take? What will you ride until then?
right now I have $260.00 saved on my online Varo bank app and in 1-2021 is when I will put $130.00 to my Varo Bank app then so on

i am a one bike guy

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,898 Posts
Sorry, cannot play this dangerous one bike guy game you speak of.......

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,898 Posts
The bad part here is that I have a very slightly used set of great LX Vbrakes laying around here that could of saved the day............unless just wanting to swap to discs. Either way, will be watching for build progress. Next time you need parts ask me not China, lol.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts