So, where did my trekking bike take me today?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by QueSera, Apr 19, 2010.

1. QueSera

QueSera DAD x 2

This topic is a place where we may share our adventures!

Please feel free to share your ride and inspire or challenge the rest of us…

;):thumbsup:

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

The wife and I rode around the farms out here in South Jersey today. We were going to go to Ocean City for there ride around the island, but some one got the date wrong :(

3. QueSera

QueSera DAD x 2

Allow me to talk about my ride (it took place yesterday to be honest…)

I usually ride with my cousin, now 45, who used to be semi – pro in long distances. I never know what kind of bike he will be riding, and his choice determines our ride. Yesterday he got the mountain warrior, a cro-moly frame custom set up of his that eats the dust for breakfast.

So my Sportster was going to test these new Smart Sams in the wild…

After several kilometers of tarmac we reached a down sloping forest road used mainly for fire fighting, which is mostly rough terrain filled with sharp rocks, some loose and some in the ground.

I felt quite stressed in the beginning, since the tires felt very different, but things got better as speeds went up and found myself holding on to the bike.

I think my technique is getting better ride by ride. I am now quite potent at steering among hardships while a month ago I would head wherever the front wheel would aim.

Yeah! Going down in the dirt feels great!

4. QueSera

QueSera DAD x 2

Sad!

I do hope you get it right next time!!! :)