1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,502 Posts
Seems as though science is more and more about self replicating reliance upon itself. No hysteria = no grants and funding. Science is supposed to be unbiased but it doesn't seem to be so any more.

So no, I'm not convinced.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
A physiological response due to a lymbic system process that leads to addiction? That makes total sense. I believe it. Having watched fat people eat for 10 years now I can tell you some amount of addiction is occurring.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
I've actually talked to some seriously overweight people that say they like the "buzz" they get when they eat a lot... that just kinda makes me sick to think about, but I have my own addictions -- mmm... diet coke... mmm

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've actually talked to some seriously overweight people that say they like the "buzz" they get when they eat a lot... that just kinda makes me sick to think about, but I have my own addictions -- mmm... diet coke... mmm
Guess I'm lucky. I just feel sick and bloated if I eat that much, I just can't conceive how you can get a buzz from eating :confused: I guess anything is possible.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Guess I'm lucky. I just feel sick and bloated if I eat that much, I just can't conceive how you can get a buzz from eating :confused: I guess anything is possible.
Having spent my life in food I can tell you this is the way it is. Nobody sits down to eat as much as possible without some sort of benefit. I have issue with binge eating. If I work all day, don't get a chance to eat, and make it home. I'll sit down and eat everything in sight. I get a very real buzz from it, followed by a sleep inducing coma. Also having been around morbidly obese people in my family, they are getting high. The smile on there faces is equivalent to any junky getting a fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts