Soap box

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wild, Sep 6, 2009.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Well I went to Cambridge Ma this week and I had to go back and forth on 90 about 5 miles, thay got me for $1.25 each way 4 times a day well you get the idea. I got to thinking if you had a bike it would pay for it self in a year or so. 52 weeks x 5 days x 2 times a day at $1.25 :eek:
    I must say that there were a lot of bikes in Cambridge I didn't see 1 post that did not have a bike hooked to it, I guess there are a lot of people that don't like the toll .
    My .02

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Tolls are a growing issue here in Texas. The Highways are congested so their solutions are paid option. We pay so much money in taxes strictly for roads yet we still get toll roads with no option to return them after the investment has paid off.

3. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

I90's tolls are pretty outrageous no matter where you go. Even in NY here.

But shouldn't it only take out so much pending how far you go?

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Well most of the way you got a ticket and payed at the end. Then there was a section with a toll bouth $1.25 and you paid bouth ways thay got me comming and going and I only went 5 miles the first day thay got me 4 times then I found a place for lunch that was closer.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

And the toll booths are no longer manned in Texas. They aren't giving any of the jobs they promised a toll road would bring. So in Texas major roads are congested 'cause nobody takes the damn toll road. Backwards. Completely Backwards.