Some Rotten Apples in the Barrel

Discussion in 'Activism / Safety' started by paultech6, Nov 15, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I've always noticed cyclists not obey traffic laws. Does seem to be getting worse but I have seen LEO step up their enforcement of it as well.

2. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Sorry, I have to take a stand here:

Stop segregating the groups, cyclists and motorists, when you talk about what they do and NEED to do on the roads!
    ROAD USERS NEED TO OBEY THE LAWS AND RULES OF THE ROAD! PERIOD!

3. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

So CTD,
    just so I understand, would it be ok if there was nobody there and the light sensor won't detect a bicyclist? Should I go up on the sidewalk?

4. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Stump your foot on the sensor.
    File a complaint with the city the street department will fix it.

5. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

CTD, you want cars in the bike lanes???

6. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

Burr,
    First, by the looks of you, let me first say I agree with you on everything. I haven't been in a gym in ages.
    Second, I'm told traffic light sensors operate by magnetic attraction to heavy iron, not lightweight alumnium or even my 22# steel frame bike.
    Third, I'm way too lazy and believe life is not always black and white. Is it OK to violate the strict interpretation of a law if there is good reason; I don't put anyone else at risk and I'm willing to suffer the consequences?
    Fourth, I agree with whatever you decide, sir!

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's we we have judges. Interpretation is difficult. Best left to the suits in Washington.

8. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

Fun ole friend,
    I agree with you on many things but this time, I might just go with my knee jerk reaction and not contemplate; ain't too many things best left to the suits in Washington.

I respect your belief, trust and faith in organized society, laws, the presumption of innosence, right to trial by peers, but I don't think we're done refining bike laws.

9. retromike3

retromike3 retromike3

Bozos and the law

A few years ago I was stopped at a red light and some Bozo ran the light. The light turned green and I caught up with him pretty quick and when pulled up to him and then asked him why he ran that red light? His response was "why don't your ride the way you want and I ride the way I want?" My reply was simply "BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME LOOK BAD".

Mike Frye-the bike guy

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I know you don't want to hear this BUT, in California if you turn in a strip for not working on a bike they come right out and fix it. If they don't and you get hurt you can have a lawsuit over it.

Welcome to California

11. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy