Soooo, what are you all up to this weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hophead, Jan 17, 2010.

1. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I have a glorious 3 day weekend!

The temps are up, so probably no trail riding this weekend. They're all thawed out and sloppy, plus it's probably gonna rain buckets tomorrow.

Monday looks good, so I'll probably head for the slopes with my daughter.
    My snowboard looks so lonely sitting in the corner.

So what are the rest of you all up to?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Yesterday was Bens Chili Bowl for lunch [Halfsmokes, Om nom nom nom...] followed by looking at some fine art at the National Gallery of Art then we walked through the National Arboretum.

Have I mentioned how much I love living just outside DC. You can do touristy stuff during the off season so it doesn't suck.

Today is still up in the air. At some point I need to rework my resume and cover letter for another job I'm applying for.

Monday, might go back to DC and fly kites or something. (I'm itching for Ray's Hell Burger too) If it's nice out Mrs. HandsomeRyan and I might go ride our tandem.

3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Finally getting around to putting away all of the Christmas stuff... :eek:

4. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Clean, laundry, work around the house.

5. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Normal weekend; try to rest on Saturday (good luck!), work Sunday & Monday.

6. hophead

My daughter just barfed all over the bathroom, so I guess boarding is out tomorrow.:(

7. Industry_Hack

We nearly had a kitchen fire. Stupid cooking oil.

8. HandsomeRyan

We went to Chick and Ruths in Annapolis for lunch then came home and passed out in a food coma. Damn rain; I want to ride my tandem!

9. Industry_Hack

We now own a Fry Daddy Jr. And the smoke has mostly cleared. Were it not for Singulair, I may have passed out.

10. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Finally had good weather this weekend. Met up with another family and took the kids to the playground.

11. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

We had pretty good weather, too, compared to what it has been. But wouldn't you know it, today's supposed to be near perfect (and we're not off here for MLK, Jr. Day).

Pretty relaxing weekend, though. Long ride (2.5 hrs) on the rollers on Saturday and a pretty nice ride outside yesterday.

Watched The Hurt Locker last night. Quite an intense movie!

Capped the weekend off with a Stone Ruination last night. Can't get those here, but a buddy of mine from CA brought me one back. I can't recall if I had tried one before, but now that I know I have, I'll probably order the jersey today.

12. Industry_Hack

13. Industry_Hack

Holy crap! This has been the worst week in a long time. My son got back to school, only to find out his bike got stolen over the break. My fiance's car is having issues, and she needs eye surgery. It was two years ago this week that my dad passed away, which has been weighing heavily on me all week, and then I learned that a friend of mine went out for a hike Wednesday and was found this morning. Not good. The snow is coming down like crazy - it's at least six inches deep, all in the last few hours. Stopped to help a kid with a dead battery, and can barely feel my fingers, and my chest is full of yuckiness from the cold.

Time for a cold drink and my warm girl. Stay safe everyone.

14. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Ya, this 90 degree weather is hard but I'll have to live with it, The nights are sure cold, got down to 73 the other night. Had to put on a long sleeved shirt and a hat while sitting on the porch that night.

Life's hard but I'll make it, I got the will. Thank God for the AC.

15. hophead

Sorry to hear that you're having such a crap week. What's wrong with your fiance's car? Is your friend ok?

16. Industry_Hack

Thanks, I'm hoping things will get better. Her car is a Korean-built Chevy. A shameful rolling turd. Some sensor has gone bad, and the new motor has a coolant leak. No, Matt's not ok either.

17. hophead

That really sucks about your friend. What a crap way to start a new year.

Good luck with your rolling turd. I'm in the auto parts business, so lemme know if there's anything that I can help you with.

18. HandsomeRyan

Today it's in the mid 40's so it's tandem riding time! Tandem day is the best day of the week!

19. hophead

Who gets to be the head?

20. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Every day is a Saturday :D:thumbsup: Got to love being retired