South Coast

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Bike Forum' started by Jaysun, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Jaysun

Jaysun Member

I'm looking for "novice" events in the SoCo region of MA. Preferably under 50miles.
    Anyone know of any?

2. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member Tavern Member

Check bike Fall River . They are having a 26 mile ride next Saturday or Sunday starting in the Industrial park and riding around the Bioreserve. I have never hooked up with them but I have been thinking about this ride.

Where you From Jaysun? I live in Swansea.

3. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member Tavern Member

I copied and pasted this from their FB page.

Bike Ride! Announcement of a special bicycle ride.

BAB! "Bike Around the Bio-Reserve."

Bike Fall River will be hosting an all on-road bicycle ride that will circumnavigate the beautiful Bio-Reserve. 26 miles - Fall River, Freetown, Dartmouth and Westport.

Date: September 29, 2013 (Sunday) Meet Time 8:45AM Start Time 9:00AM - Starting Point: Meet at the corner of Wilson Rd and Riggenbach Rd.

For detail information and directions please see flyer for the event. Please share with others. If you need jpeg format please contact me I will send it out to you.

Brian Pearson / Chairman Bike Fall River

4. Jaysun

Jaysun Member

Awesome....Thanks
    I'm in Westport

5. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

I just moved to East Wareham last month, let me know if either of you venture out this way and I'll do the same!

6. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

I have been on many of the back roads in MA, in a car, and one of my bucket list items is to do some of those roads by bike. I would love to be able to stop at all those roadside family grave sites and see the history there. Every time I go to Boston, I spend lots of time in the cemeteries looking at the headstones. Love the countryside of MA and the rest of New England.