Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else watch it? They were attempting to show the face of Mohamed the prophet of Islam. Instead Comedy Central decided to censor it due to death threats, which both the shows founders decided they were willing to risk. Instead of upsetting a religion of peace, they upset every one else. Any thoughts on this guys?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw it. They should have just showed him. I did like how Scott Tenemans dad ends up being Cartmans. I tried to catch is on SouthParkStudios.com and they pulled the episode there too. Terrible.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Brian, How so? When you tackle an issue as tense as Islamic fundamentalism and the violence it inspires where do you start? How do you slaughter sacred cows without talking about them?

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
People deserve it. Look at the foolish things we do. Murder people over cartoons. Hold ridiculous ideologies that do nothing to promote humanity only hinder it. Till humanity gets on the same page I would rather people be made fun of then ignored. Bringing things to the public eye by pointing out the farcical hypocrisy of them is a positive for society. How else are we going to deal with it?

Sorry they showed Buddha doing coke in front of kids. The point was to show that you can show one deity on drugs and another not at all. In my way of thinking bringing things like this to the social consciousness no matter how uncouth is better than not having them addressed at all.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then I can see how South Park is not your thing. How do you feel about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anybody else watch it? They were attempting to show the face of Mohamed the prophet of Islam. Instead Comedy Central decided to censor it due to death threats, which both the shows founders decided they were willing to risk. Instead of upsetting a religion of peace, they upset every one else. Any thoughts on this guys?
I saw it. Evidently the end speech didn't have anything to do with Mohamed. A lot of people are getting angry about it. It's a show. I think people on both sides need to calm down.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't either, just South Park, It's Always Sunny, and Stargate U. Oh and I'm addicted to Anime, but I watch those with the kid. She loves em too. Well some of them. I would say in a week I watch four hours of TV.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not any more. SG1 ended but RDA (Richard Dean Anderson) was out in Season 10.

SGU has Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips. Extremely well written,shot,directed, all of it but it's a different feel than SG1. Not that you asked.
By the way MacGyver was awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts