Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode with the local cycling club today. I was told beforehand that there are a lot of C-Leaguers (A-League being the "elite") who ride pretty slow. Well today after 20 miles of trying to keep up at 18+ mph on my 'Cross bike I dropped out. I'm not sure where the slow riders are but they sure weren't in that pack!

I felt a bit outta place to begin with. I was the only non-road bike, the only male without a fresh pair of shaved legs, only one dressed in shorts and cotton shirt, only one on platforms and the only one wearing a ball cap instead of a bucket (I was expecting speeds to top out around 10mph). When I pulled up at the meeting spot I was met by nine or ten people starring at me. Please tell me this guy isn't going to ride with us....

So if you're around town and want to cruise, let me know. I like to jump on the bike, no plan just ride, stop for some coffee, ride more and then cool down by riding. Don't peg me for a ol timer though. If you want to air up the knobs and slay some trails count me in. I'm only pushing 27 ;)

In other news, The Rusted Hub has been updated. Stop by and kick some knowledge.

http://therustedhub.posterous.com/

Pedal Harder.

BC

·
Registered
330 Posts
Formerly from SE Wyoming (Centennial, Laramie, and Cheyenne). Ready to go for a ride. I'm in Indiana, so I'll meet you in Eastern Nebraska...

:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, just yesterday I was thinking about how ungodly it could be to ride through Nebraska....I've only ever driven through on I-80 so I'm sure that's the reason for the lackluster scenery. Never fails to produce some wicked thunderstorms though.

I graduated from Laramie and now teach in Cheyenne! What were you doing 'round these part?

Anyhow, I'll leave tomorrow. See ya in a few!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Strange, just yesterday I was thinking about how ungodly it could be to ride through Nebraska....I've only ever driven through on I-80 so I'm sure that's the reason for the lackluster scenery. Never fails to produce some wicked thunderstorms though.

I graduated from Laramie and now teach in Cheyenne! What were you doing 'round these part?

Anyhow, I'll leave tomorrow. See ya in a few!
I enrolled in Wyoming Technical Institute so that I had a reason to move to Wyoming. Graduated from that and went to work for Moreno's Auto Repair. Went to UW for English/History because working on cars sucks. Kept working on cars, though. Moved back to Indiana and then back to Wyoming 3 times. Then I moved to Denver briefly (tech at John Elway Nissan). Back to Indiana. Moved to Basalt and worked at The Hub in Aspen. Back to Indiana. Worked as a web designer for IN.gov, inherited my grandmother's house, and got stuck here.

Kinda hard to leave now, although I still miss Wyoming almost every day. One of my customers here is originally from Laramie, so we talk about the "good ole days" when he comes in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts