Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the store today and saw two different spare tube sizes that should work, but I didn't want to get the wrong one.

I have 700x35c tires. The tube sizes I saw were 700x25-35c and 700x35-45c. It seems to me that both should fit. Is there really much of a difference for my use?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Tough call. The 25-35 will stretch to fit, the 35-45 may be a bit cramped. Tire sizing can be a bit non-standard, so actual tire width varies. For instance, I have a $100 set of 28mm tires that didn't fit my bike, even though it came with the same size. You're probably fine with either tube, but I'm a bit fussy, as according to my possibly flawed logic, the smaller tube would be stretched thin, and therefore more susceptible to punctures.

If you post the brand of tires you are using, someone may offer a suggestion.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
go with the 35-45... the others get thin around the valve stem when fully inflated. just my suggestion. like Hack said if i knew the actual tires on your bike i could say for certain......

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
The tube marked 700c x 25-35 would be the better choice. The smaller size makes it easier for a tire to go on, and the smaller tube is a tad lighter...weee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts