Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I'm probably going to buy the Specialized Sirrus Limited Carbon fiber frame bike. But if my LBS doesn't have it then i'll get the next best thing the Cannondale Quick Carbon 2. OF the two bikes i've mentioned which one is better component wise. Also, is there anyway to get the trek 7.9 fx or is it obsolete now. I have a specialized/trek LBS about a half an hour away from my house, do you think they even stock the Specialized Sirrus Limited or would it be a special order and a long wait? to get. I know not all bike shops stock every bike from the bike manufacturer or do they? This is one of the more expensive bikes its 2100.00 dollars so maybe they would have to order it. I live in Illinois.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
You should know what your dealer has in stock. Visit all the shops in your area, have a look around, ask questions. A good shop while answer all the questions you ask here, and help you select the right size and make further adjustments to dial in your fit. The shop you buy from will be who you have to deal with if you have any problems with the bike. They will be the ones performing any maintenance included with purchase (some shops offer one free tune-up, others a year of free adjustments). So it's a good idea to check out the shops, as well as the bikes. Many choose the shop they want to deal with first, then look at bikes from the brands they carry.

The Cannondale Quick CX is more bike for less money compared to the models you're looking at. Disc brakes and HeadShok for the win. Generally I prefer rigid forks on hybrid bikes, but the HeadShok doesn't add as much weight as a typical suspension fork and makes the bike much more versatile. Suspension forks found on most hybrids are not very good forks, the HeadShok is a notable exception.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts