Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DAS BOOT!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first spinner. It is a Proform 290-SPX, and was inexpensive, that's why I could buy it. I have read a lot of reviews about the bike, but none have had the same issue. I'm getting a constant harmonic squeal while riding with any tension on the brakes. I'm think of wiping the wheel with a light silicone spay, or something, but I would like some input from folks who may have more knowledge of spinners. Thanks for any, and all input!!

COS

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
That noise is caused by two dissimilar materials coming in contact while riding. Have someone take it for a spin (;)) while you inspect it closely to see who is rubbing up against what, then make the necessary adjustments.

·
DAS BOOT!!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it new?
Yes...

That noise is caused by two dissimilar materials coming in contact while riding. Have someone take it for a spin (;)) while you inspect it closely to see who is rubbing up against what, then make the necessary adjustments.
It is coming from the brake assy. I have it isolated there...it increases and decreases with tension changes...

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
It happens when you apply the brakes, even lightly? I'd either swap the pads, or just remove them, hit them with some fine sandpaper, and put them back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts