Spin Classes?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Samiam, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Samiam

Samiam Guest

Does any body on here attend cycling classes? What did you think? My gym is going to start offering them next week and there's a waiting list already.

2. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Spin classes are a must in the off season, unless you have a cycling club that runs them-then those are better.

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've always wanted to but never got the courage. Kidding I'm broke.

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

My lbs puts on a winter spinning session, and they are nice enough to post their workouts online so I plan on using their 12 week spinning workout to keep my fitness up...but of course I will do it from the comfort of my living room, or the basement if the girlfriend relegates me there.

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I would just choose the basement and fight about some thing else later. Is it a class held at the shop?

7. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I've done classes before. They really push you much harder then doing it at home I've personally found. The group mentality and having everyone around you push hard makes you.

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I didn't enjoy having some spastic girl who probably never rode a bike outdoors yelling over loud music.

9. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Good point....and yes the classes are held at the shop. I may still join but I wanted to get a head start on the workouts. They don't start the classes until January.

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I pay good money for that. But Seriously have you ever tried it Industry? What do you use in the "off Season"?